HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member

gaining muscle while on diet...

you think it's possible to gain muscle while on a high protien diet???

mcvays1 is offline Junior Member
    ya, bulking diets tend to do it.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by mcvays1
    LOL

If you're on a "cutting" or caloric deficit diet then unless you have extremely good genetics or are taking gear, you probably wont gain any muscle mass.

mcvays1 is offline Junior Member
    Idk about extremely good genetics. I hear its fairly common that fat is replaced by muscle while cutting.

Quote Originally Posted by mcvays1
    haha ya sorry bout that i forgot to say "cutting diet"

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    LOL

If you're on a "cutting" or caloric deficit diet then unless you have extremely good genetics or are taking gear, you probably wont gain any muscle mass.

i dont know if i agree with this so much... i've have a couple cousin's in jail and they only get 3 fairly small meals and they've managed to build quite a bit of muscle from just working out in the slam and they're in a huge caloric deficit... and they're not on roids because i'm pretty tight with them and they'd tell me for sure, does anyone know the reason for something like this happening???
    Last edited by crosby7117; 02-09-2005 at 10:27 PM.

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crosby7117
    i dont know if i agree with this so much... i've have a couple cousin's in jail and they only get 3 fairly small meals and they've managed to build quite a bit of muscle from just working out in the slam and they're in a huge caloric deficit... and they're not on roids because i'm pretty tight with them and they'd tell me for sure, does anyone know the reason for something like this happening???
    They don't have to work while in the gym at least not as physically hard as most of us do walking around all day doing different jobs and tasks. They go work out eat and hang around the cell all day. This all equals less caloric uptake so the muscle can use more of the calories to rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by ChefJ
    They don't have to work while in the gym at least not as physically hard as most of us do walking around all day doing different jobs and tasks. They go work out eat and hang around the cell all day. This all equals less caloric uptake so the muscle can use more of the calories to rebuild.

yes that is true but also look what they're eating! they probably get around 60g of protein a day and most likely way less than that!

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    ive been losing fat an building some muscle.. of course no where near the amount of muscle i could build while bulking.. but still good results

Thread Information