brew035 is offline Associate Member

L-Glutamine needed for post-workout

just got thru reading on www.abcbodybuilding.com that L-glutamine can help stop the loss of muscle after hard workout. It said that L-glutamine is an absolutely essential amino acid that possesses anti-catabolic qualities. Does anyone know if this is true?

Yep it's a great supplement.

thats what i thought but someone said all they needed was whey/dextrose. just wondering if what i read was true or not. I do beleive im going to get some. I see no need for loosing muscle RIGHT? But i guess the person who said that does not like keeping muscle so he can loose all he wants.

well i don't believe it's really something you HAVE to have to build/mantain muscle. it's just a good product imo.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brew035
    thats what i thought but someone said all they needed was whey/dextrose. just wondering if what i read was true or not. I do beleive im going to get some. I see no need for loosing muscle RIGHT? But i guess the person who said that does not like keeping muscle so he can loose all he wants.
    What I said was that I don't believe it should be used POST WORK OUT. I didn't say that I don't think that its good in general.

This is also the diet forum, not supplement forum.

no disrespect slizzut but i dont think that is right your body has 50% less glutamine after a work out. So why wouldnt you want to put it back in when it needs it the most?

yeah i did post it in the wrong forum its in the other forum too sorry.

no disrespect slizzut but i dont think that is right your body has 50% less glutamine after a work out. So why wouldnt you want to put it back in when it needs it the most?

Because it slows down protien absorbtion, which is not what you want post workout.

High-protein foods such as meat, fish, beans and dairy products are excellent sources of glutamine
    So do you think these foods are not good to eat post work out?

You know what I just did some futher research in this area and come to find out you are more than right. This study was only proven helpfull in ill people. But in healthy adults esspecialy ones on a good protein diet it had no effect at all. Mostly because all of us eat one of those foods listed above more than maybe 10 times a week so sorry for all the bull**** i should have researched it first.

You know what I just did some futher research in this area and come to find out you are more than right. This study was only proven helpfull in ill people. But in healthy adults esspecialy ones on a good protein diet it had no effect at all. Mostly because all of us eat one of those foods listed above more than maybe 10 times a week so sorry for all the bull**** i should have researched it first.

Its cool

Thread Information