Cronos is offline Associate Member

where the hell do you find "fat free" cheese???

I live in Ontario, Canada, and for the life of me, I cannot find fat free cheese anywhere! I can find fat free cottage cheese of course, but nothing else. It's bugging me, because I love my cheese, and I seperate carbs and fats, so it would be nice to have another cheese option than cottage. Thanks anyone who can help!

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    I know for a fact Lablaw's (sp?) in Toronto has it because I have family there and my cousin is a vegan who eats fat free cheese substitute and he gets it and all his stuff there. However, if you live somewhere more rural, you may have to go to a health food store due to local groceries not accounting for specialty diet products. Check the aisle with the tofu, organic guac/salsa, vegan burgers/dogs, etc.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    try talking your local grocery into stocking it. Kraft makes a fat free cheese, so do most major labels. In remote areas its just a matter of having the market for it i guess

Cronos is offline Associate Member
    Thanks guys!

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    That's like when the woman brought home "fat free" half and half for the coffee... i looked at the label and there were things in there I'd never put in my body.... I made her dump it out

Cheese normally has large amounts of fat, and should be eaten very sparingly. Before you go putting any of that in your body, check the ingredients. How will this impact your diet, macros, and health. I prefer to only eat whole foods and food that when eaten, I can identify which whole foods it is derived from, and I'm guessing right now you could not name the top three ingredients without looking? Most here try to avoid processed foods. How much processing you think takes place with an unnatural food such as "fat free" cheese?

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    That's like when the woman brought home "fat free" half and half for the coffee... i looked at the label and there were things in there I'd never put in my body.... I made her dump it out

Cheese normally has large amounts of fat, and should be eaten very sparingly. Before you go putting any of that in your body, check the ingredients. How will this impact your diet, macros, and health. I prefer to only eat whole foods and food that when eaten, I can identify which whole foods it is derived from, and I'm guessing right now you could not name the top three ingredients without looking? Most here try to avoid processed foods. How much processing you think takes place with an unnatural food such as "fat free" cheese?
    Finally someone gets it. Everyone wants to cut corners.

Thread Information