HammerCurler is offline Associate Member

Dextrose/EFA's/Flax/Egg Whites etc?

Hey Guys,

I'm changing my workout routine and i'm going to start taking diet seriously. I live in Canada - where would I look to get Flaxseed oil? Dextrose (my friend told me wine making shops, I want it now so I don't really want to order off the net)? EFA's (should i buy amonds and natty PB?) And does anybody know a place in Canada that ships buckets of egg whites? I've gone to lana's egg whites, but they only ship inside the states.

For most of my food i'll probably buy in bulk at costso (i'm a student on a very limited income) - brown rice, eggs if i can't find an egg white supplier, tuna, lean ground beed, not too sure what else.

Anyway, any suggestions would be great,
    HC.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Talk to Blown_Sc...... he is in canada. I'm sure he can point you in the right direction

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HammerCurler
    Hey Guys,

I'm changing my workout routine and i'm going to start taking diet seriously. I live in Canada - where would I look to get Flaxseed oil? Dextrose (my friend told me wine making shops, I want it now so I don't really want to order off the net)? EFA's (should i buy amonds and natty PB?) And does anybody know a place in Canada that ships buckets of egg whites? I've gone to lana's egg whites, but they only ship inside the states.

For most of my food i'll probably buy in bulk at costso (i'm a student on a very limited income) - brown rice, eggs if i can't find an egg white supplier, tuna, lean ground beed, not too sure what else.

Anyway, any suggestions would be great,
    HC.
    You might be forced to buy dextrose online, so I suggest:
    www.thebetterhealthstore.com

For your EFA's you can buy Almonds/Natural Peanut Butter/Olive Oil at any grocery store. As for flax oil, you can even get that in some nice grocery stores or you can get it at a vitamin shoppe/vitamin world/gnc etc.

I'm not sure about the egg whites but costco usually sells egg beaters (egg whites) in bulk, so you should be all set in that department.

Goodluck bro.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by slizzut
    You might be forced to buy dextrose online, so I suggest:
    www.thebetterhealthstore.com

For your EFA's you can buy Almonds/Natural Peanut Butter/Olive Oil at any grocery store. As for flax oil, you can even get that in some nice grocery stores or you can get it at a vitamin shoppe/vitamin world/gnc etc.

I'm not sure about the egg whites but costco usually sells egg beaters (egg whites) in bulk, so you should be all set in that department.

Goodluck bro.
    Thanks for the link, that is a very good price on dex...i was paying $5 for 2lbs....just ordered 10 lbs....

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Thanks for the link, that is a very good price on dex...i was paying $5 for 2lbs....just ordered 10 lbs....

No prob bro

Will I want both Olive Oil and Flax or just one of them?

Will I want both Olive Oil and Flax or just one of them?

Actually I use something called "Udo's Oil" Its a blend of flax/olive/fish oil. You can find it here:

http://www.fitsite.com/proshop/prodd...&CategoryID=10

Thanks for all of the suggestions slizzut!

I just ordered 8lbs of DEX from the betterhealthstore, how long will this last me?

I'm going to go out tonight and try and track down Flaxseed Oil!

I just ordered 8lbs of DEX from the betterhealthstore, how long will this last me?

I'm going to go out tonight and try and track down Flaxseed Oil!

Well it depends on how many days you lift/how much dextrose you choose to take in PWO. I'd say it will last you quite a long time.

I bought Kraft All Natural Peanut Putter, hope this is the right stuff, the grocery store had many different types of oil - but not flax. Off to GNC or some Vitamin Shop to look tommorow.

I bought Kraft All Natural Peanut Putter, hope this is the right stuff, the grocery store had many different types of oil - but not flax. Off to GNC or some Vitamin Shop to look tommorow.

You should look into some Udo's Oil, its even better then flax (considering it has flax in it).

http://www.fitsite.com/proshop/prodd...&CategoryID=10

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    that udo's oil looks awesome, but is it worth it for $30? how many servings do you get out of it?

Quote Originally Posted by carbs-rule
    that udo's oil looks awesome, but is it worth it for $30? how many servings do you get out of it?

Well it was a 32oz bottle, so 64 servings.
    Last edited by slizzut; 02-08-2005 at 11:45 AM.

Hey guys...I got Flax oil today at Save on Foods (In Canada)..I went to another specialty grocery store and they didn't have it.

The thing is is cost me $18 CDN for 710ml of this stuff, seems expensive to me. How long will this last ? How many times a day do i use flax? I will use the search feature as well lol.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    I'm late

Well bro, the cheapest spot to get dextrose is Bulk Barn... it's about .80 cents a pound.....

Also, you can get Udo's, and other EFA's from SND Canada.... and your whey in bulk from Vitalus.com

Furthermore, no one can tell you how many times to use it... but, post up your diet for critique...

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    I'm late

Well bro, the cheapest spot to get dextrose is Bulk Barn... it's about .80 cents a pound.....

Also, you can get Udo's, and other EFA's from SND Canada.... and your whey in bulk from Vitalus.com

Furthermore, no one can tell you how many times to use it... but, post up your diet for critique...

Hey, Thanks for the suggestions Blown_Sc. Unfortunately there isn't any bulk barns here in Alberta, but no worries I ordered a bunch of Dex online.

Vitalus.com --> which whey do you buy from them? How much lbs? and cost?
    I went to their webpage and could not find out any pricing info, nor do I know which whey would be best for me. I'm currenlty using Optimum Nutrition Whey (buying the 10lbs bags).

I will post my diet within the next few weeks, it's a busy ass time at school right now.

HC

Hey, Thanks for the suggestions Blown_Sc. Unfortunately there isn't any bulk barns here in Alberta, but no worries I ordered a bunch of Dex online.

Vitalus.com --> which whey do you buy from them? How much lbs? and cost?
    I went to their webpage and could not find out any pricing info, nor do I know which whey would be best for me. I'm currenlty using Optimum Nutrition Whey (buying the 10lbs bags).

I will post my diet within the next few weeks, it's a busy ass time at school right now.

HC
    You have a PM....

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    You have a PM....
    You do now too...I will not bother you again after this. Thanks again.

You do now too...I will not bother you again after this. Thanks again.
    No worries bro, if you have any questions don't be shy...

Thread Information