EatRite is offline Senior Member

question for slizzut

whats up man...

not being confrontational, but why do you not reco. too many carbs for cutting diets???

it seems like you are reco. protein/fat diet with very few carbs... can you explain why this is???

is there a phisological reason for this? or does it just work best for u???

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    You might want to try pm'ing him next time instead of creating a post, not a sermon - just a thought.

well i'm trying to learn... if he knows more than i do about dieting, i would love to have a good conversation that others can read in order to learn too... i'm not confronting him, i want to know the reasons for his diet... and if he has really good reasons, others can benefit as well, not just myself...

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Slizzut you're getting famous bro

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    IMO i think it is def different for everyone. I get more cut when I have at least 30% carbs in my diet. Some people i know do not do well with carbs and chose the low carb diet. You need to find out what works for you. It might work better for slizzut to have low carb diet, but for you you might do better which more complex carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.shred
    IMO i think it is def different for everyone. I get more cut when I have at least 30% carbs in my diet. Some people i know do not do well with carbs and chose the low carb diet. You need to find out what works for you. It might work better for slizzut to have low carb diet, but for you you might do better which more complex carbs.

i def. agree that it is moderately different for everyone, but fruits and veggies are needed more when you are cutting so that the antioxidants and phytochem. can prevent muscular waste... you need more of these when cutting... my point is that the benefits of fats are not very great compared to carbs... if you take an omega complex pill, or take one serving of flax, you dont need much more fat in ur diet... the benefits of fats are from small amounts of specific fat types... carbs are needed in decent quantities to prevent muscular waste... you can get the best of both worlds, the anti-cortisol and strength retaining effects of carbs, with the positive hormonal effects of omega 3's and the effects of the omega 6 and 9's.. if you replace your fats with an omega complex and some low g.i. carbs (including some fruits)... and u add some veggies, for me that makes much more sense than eating a lot of fat calories... also, unless you are taking aas, you shouldnt eat more than 30-35 g of protein max per meal, because of the decreased need for protein when you are hitting the weights with less relative intensity... jmo

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EatRite
    whats up man...

not being confrontational, but why do you not reco. too many carbs for cutting diets???

it seems like you are reco. protein/fat diet with very few carbs... can you explain why this is???

is there a phisological reason for this? or does it just work best for u???

What are you talking about.. where did you come from? If you really have a question for me.. PM me. Also I never told anyone what exactly they should be eating, I only created a simple base for people to work off from.

i'm just asking so that others can benefit from ur knowledge... thats all... dont take it personally man... relax... just wondering why, when i cut i would get better results from a higher concentration of fats and proteins than carbs and proteins... just wondering... sorry if you took it the wrong way... no intention...

and i'm coming from a mental state where i want to learn more and more, and get the most out of the macro and micro nutrients i put into my body... and i'm sure others are in the same boat... me pm'n u would be great for me, but not others... i apologize for ruffling your feathers....................

i'm just asking so that others can benefit from ur knowledge... thats all... dont take it personally man... relax... just wondering why, when i cut i would get better results from a higher concentration of fats and proteins than carbs and proteins... just wondering... sorry if you took it the wrong way... no intention...

and i'm coming from a mental state where i want to learn more and more, and get the most out of the macro and micro nutrients i put into my body... and i'm sure others are in the same boat... me pm'n u would be great for me, but not others... i apologize for ruffling your feathers....................

Because when you are using healthy fats in your protein meals, you are going to in turn use fat for energy. You need to eat fat to lose fat.

Its a differetn story when you are bulking, when carbs are utliized much more.

of course if you are eating fat you are going to use the fat that you are eating for energy, because that is all you are offering your body... what im trying to figure out is why u would rather take in fats than carbs if you are lifting and cutting???

if my logic is correct, you can benefit from the positives of fats without all of the additional calories by taking in two teaspoons of flax oil, as well as benefit from the benefits of carbs by replacing those calories you were comsuming of fats with low g.i. slow absorbing carbs... losing weight is a matter of calories... burning more than you consume... thast how weight is lost... it doest matter what composition of foods you eat, however, the composition of foods you eat determines what kind of weight is lost... low carb diets drain your body of fluids, which is why they seem to be better at first, they also cause more muscle protein breakdown as a percentage to how much weight you lose in total... this is why i reco. low fat moderate carbs and bodyweight in protein grams with flax oil... i'm just trying to figure out what i'm saying that is so wrong...

of course if you are eating fat you are going to use the fat that you are eating for energy, because that is all you are offering your body... what im trying to figure out is why u would rather take in fats than carbs if you are lifting and cutting???

You answered your own question there.

Quote Originally Posted by slizzut
    You answered your own question there.

no i didnt... what i was saying is that if you only eat fat... you will burn the fat you eat... i never said anything about bodyfat being burned at an accelerated pace when on a fat/protein diet... it is really an accellerated way to burn up muscle tissue... dont assume that whati meant was that you will burn JUST FAT, including bodyfat... because that isnt possible... you will break down muscle protein in order to get certain amino's that your body can convert to glucose as well... but at much higher proportions...

how is a lower carb diet better for cutting and lifting???

Thread Information