EatRite is offline Senior Member

dirty up your diet to gain weight... any experience????

from about july to the beginning of december i was not gaining weight at all, and i was eating really clean, a decent amount of calories, but i was real lean and i couldnt gain weight... i literally ate until i felt sick 9 times a day, but no dice...

in the middle of december, i got sick of it and decided to dirty up my diet... i've been eating pizza a couple times a week before bed (about 2 slices) and i've been drinking 3 soda's a day with my meals... i've also switched to white bagels insted of wheat... i've been eating banana's a lot because they're high on the g.i.... i've also been using a jar of power butter a week (that penut butter with the efa's)... and i've been gaining a ton of weight lately, and i've been getting really f'n strong... plus my bodyfat has remained constant aprox... it may have raised 1% or 2% but nothing more........

has anybody had any experience with things such as this??? is there any way to replace these dirty calories with healthy calories and keep gaining weight? or am i pretty much between a rock and a hard place?????

ohhh and i've been eating white insted of brown rice...

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by EatRite
    from about july to the beginning of december i was not gaining weight at all, and i was eating really clean, a decent amount of calories, but i was real lean and i couldnt gain weight... i literally ate until i felt sick 9 times a day, but no dice...

in the middle of december, i got sick of it and decided to dirty up my diet... i've been eating pizza a couple times a week before bed (about 2 slices) and i've been drinking 3 soda's a day with my meals... i've also switched to white bagels insted of wheat... i've been eating banana's a lot because they're high on the g.i.... i've also been using a jar of power butter a week (that penut butter with the efa's)... and i've been gaining a ton of weight lately, and i've been getting really f'n strong... plus my bodyfat has remained constant aprox... it may have raised 1% or 2% but nothing more........

has anybody had any experience with things such as this??? is there any way to replace these dirty calories with healthy calories and keep gaining weight? or am i pretty much between a rock and a hard place?????

ohhh and i've been eating white insted of brown rice...

It's just your body type..... you sound like a hard gainer. My lifting partner is the same way, he can eat all day long and not gain an ounce of fat. But really there are better ways to gain weight, just keep increasing your calories with clean foods, maybe up the size of each meal 100 calories or so and just experiment to a point where you find you are gaining 1-2lbs a week. Most likely at that rate it is clean weight.... anything more unless you are on AAS is most likely going to be fat.

i physically cannot eat any more food... i've eaten 4k calories a day... ive even gone up to 5 k for a few months but i felt so tired and bloated... i literally cant eat more... i even wake up in the middle of the night to eat a meal...

my problem is that i walk 4-5 miles a day... thats my problem... but i feel so much better eating a little dirtay... for some reason i feel healthier... maybe it's just mental or whatever, but i've never felt better

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    Dude even on a bulking diet I would never drink soda, way too much sugar. I love it when guys say they cant eat anymore. You can always put down more food. Eat foods that are dense in calories. There are plenty of mass gainer shakes available too. Food is so great I would eat 8000 cals a day if I could do so with out getting fat. But then again I am a food adict literally, it sucks especially being an endomorph.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck89gt5.0
    Dude even on a bulking diet I would never drink soda, way too much sugar. I love it when guys say they cant eat anymore. You can always put down more food. Eat foods that are dense in calories. There are plenty of mass gainer shakes available too. Food is so great I would eat 8000 cals a day if I could do so with out getting fat. But then again I am a food adict literally, it sucks especially being an endomorph.
    im with you man...i love to eat and love to get more and more calories added to my diet every few weeks. i can eat cleanly all year round as long as i eat a sh!t load of food. as for the guy above....just try to throw in dense foods like beef for protein, peanut butter and other nuts and nut butters for fats. Also check out the prolab lean mass matrix 400 cals per serving...very tasty.

mass gainers just have maltodextrin and dextrose... soda is a little better...

yea i've treid prolab lean mass matrix... i have like 5 packs of it left... i aslo use mhp's up your mass... that stuff's good too...

and i can't eat anymore, i hit setiaty extremely quickly... i literally am full all day long...

i think the sugar helps prevent muscular waste... cause like i said i walk so **** much that i think the poor calories are helping me...

i dont know though...

and i have been eating more calorie dense foods... i've been eating 3 blocks of cheese a week ( the ones taht are about 8 inches long, one inch thick and 2.5 inches wide)...

its weird guys... i dont understand it either... trust me...

Thread Information