Phatso is offline Associate Member

Please Critique!!

Ok I have a weird Q.. Isnt eating this much gonna get me bigger? and not loose weight? I mean how do those pros do it theyre like blimps and in no time at all theyre ripped .. all i read is " Low carb diet " So whats low carb = ? 100 g of carb a day? i use to not eat carbs and loose around 4-5 kgs every week without trainin just running / tuna / green apple. but right now i wanna keep my cycle gains and loose the excess fat? possible? clen /thermo in hand ofcourse..

**(MORNING CARDIO)**
    Meal 1:
    Can of tuna, 1/2 cup oatmeal
    Meal 2:
    Can of tuna, Almonds 1/4 cup Or i can have like an whole boiled egg?
    Meal 3:
    Boiled brocolli + can of tuna + calliflower boiled , again almonds / boiled egg?
    [
    (For the weight trainin days i will have the below and no weight days just ignore this meal)
    **(WEIGHT TRAINING EVERY OTHER DAY)**
    Meal 4:
    PWO Nutrition (Protein shake , amino acids)
    ]
    Meal 5:
    chicken breast OR Boiled brocolli + can of tuna + calliflower boiled
    Meal 6:
    Tuna With 1 Boiled egg

thnx a bunch although it seems im eating a lot btw.. and isnt that a lot of fat intake with the almonds and such? and should i have boiled veggies with every meal ? i wanna cut up and CUT to the extreme without affecting my muscles.. * I can live without carbs ive done it before *

I WANT THE MAXIMUM FATLOSS BUT ALSO KEEPIN MUSCLES!!!!!!

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatso
    Ok I have a weird Q.. Isnt eating this much gonna get me bigger? and not loose weight? I mean how do those pros do it theyre like blimps and in no time at all theyre ripped .. all i read is " Low carb diet " So whats low carb = ? 100 g of carb a day? i use to not eat carbs and loose around 4-5 kgs every week without trainin just running / tuna / green apple. but right now i wanna keep my cycle gains and loose the excess fat? possible? clen /thermo in hand ofcourse..

**(MORNING CARDIO)**
    Meal 1:
    Can of tuna, 1/2 cup oatmeal
    Meal 2:
    Can of tuna, Almonds 1/4 cup Or i can have like an whole boiled egg?
    Meal 3:
    Boiled brocolli + can of tuna + calliflower boiled , again almonds / boiled egg?
    [
    (For the weight trainin days i will have the below and no weight days just ignore this meal)
    **(WEIGHT TRAINING EVERY OTHER DAY)**
    Meal 4:
    PWO Nutrition (Protein shake , amino acids)
    ]
    Meal 5:
    chicken breast OR Boiled brocolli + can of tuna + calliflower boiled
    Meal 6:
    Tuna With 1 Boiled egg

thnx a bunch although it seems im eating a lot btw.. and isnt that a lot of fat intake with the almonds and such? and should i have boiled veggies with every meal ? i wanna cut up and CUT to the extreme without affecting my muscles.. * I can live without carbs ive done it before *

I WANT THE MAXIMUM FATLOSS BUT ALSO KEEPIN MUSCLES!!!!!!

That is absolutely fvcking disgusting!! How the hell can you eat so much god dam*ed tuna without throwing up?

EatRite is offline Senior Member
    too much tuna man... tuna has mercury too much of that is bad because it retards cellular growth... and eat the less tastey chunk light... it has much less mercury... plus it's cheaper...

rule of thumb... no more than one can a day...

u gotta eat more carbs dude... they are much more important than people think for keeping gains... carbs prevent the release of cortisol... u need to eat carbs with the first four meals...eat a piece of fruit with each of the four... and a little bit of whole grain bread with meals 2-4... keep the oatmeal with breakfast...

relax on the tuna...

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Why did you make another post of your same diet after I already critiqued it?

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by EatRite
    u gotta eat more carbs dude... they are much more important than people think for keeping gains... carbs prevent the release of cortisol... u need to eat carbs with the first four meals...eat a piece of fruit with each of the four... and a little bit of whole grain bread with meals 2-4... keep the oatmeal with breakfast...

relax on the tuna...

Bad ideas.....

Healthy fats at the right times of the day will do just as good of a job and make him lose fat, not a combination of muscle & fat from the caloric deficit.

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    Bad ideas.....

Healthy fats at the right times of the day will do just as good of a job and make him lose fat, not a combination of muscle & fat from the caloric deficit.

are you saying that carbs don't prevent muscular waste? or are you saying that healthy fats prevent muscular waste???

i would say that both do, however healthy fats have positive effects on anabolic hormonal levels, therefore i would reco. taking an omega complex or flax oil (two teaspoons a day) and then stick to low g.i. carbs with the first four meals

and he's eating way too much dam* tuna... 5 cans a day... c'mon

are you saying that carbs don't prevent muscular waste? or are you saying that healthy fats prevent muscular waste???

i would say that both do, however healthy fats have positive effects on anabolic hormonal levels, therefore i would reco. taking an omega complex or flax oil (two teaspoons a day) and then stick to low g.i. carbs with the first four meals

You want your body to use fat as its fuel, by adding carbs to the mix they will be used for fuel before the fats will. By adding carbs you also raise your insulin levels somewhat, which would lead to the fat ingested being more likely to be stored as fat.

your body wont store carbs as fat unless u have a surplus of cellular glycogen, so if you moderate the carbs you eat, you wont store them as fat... when you lift weights you use primarily carbs... about 90%... u also use about 3 to 5% creatine phosphate... very little fat... if you are lifting weights or doing 20 to 30 mins of cardio at high intensity carbs are more important... your body will burn fat through out the day if you have a lower caloric intake compared to expenditure, just from being alive... if you have moderate carb intake, and low fat intake, the carbs you burn will be used for wight lifting and for your involuntary muscle and nervous system... you HAVE to have a solid amount of carbs in order to supply enough muscle glycogen for the heart and involuntary muscles as well as enough for the nervous system... your brain and heart and involuntary muscles CANT operate off of anything but glucose... u need to supply these or else your body will accellarate muscle protein breakdown ten fold... and you are wrong you dont burn carbs "first" you burn whatever fuel ur body needs to burn to operate most efficiently... slow bursts of motion generally burn more fat... this is why 40 to 60 mins of slow intensity cardio is better for fat loss than a 20 min sprint session or a 20 min high intensity run... because insted of burning glucose you will burn saturated fat as a primary source of energy... this is because the faster the burst of motion the higher proportion of glucose you use in that motion... this is why carbs are very important before/during/after ur lifts, because thats what you are using when you lift... try eating tons of peanut butter or high fatty foods with ur protein insted of sugars before during and after ur workout and tell me how you feel after a few weeks of that... if you are lifting weights you need carbs... it is that simple...

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    This thread has turned into one big cluster ****!

your body wont store carbs as fat unless u have a surplus of cellular glycogen, so if you moderate the carbs you eat, you wont store them as fat... when you lift weights you use primarily carbs... about 90%... u also use about 3 to 5% creatine phosphate... very little fat... if you are lifting weights or doing 20 to 30 mins of cardio at high intensity carbs are more important... your body will burn fat through out the day if you have a lower caloric intake compared to expenditure, just from being alive... if you have moderate carb intake, and low fat intake, the carbs you burn will be used for wight lifting and for your involuntary muscle and nervous system... you HAVE to have a solid amount of carbs in order to supply enough muscle glycogen for the heart and involuntary muscles as well as enough for the nervous system... your brain and heart and involuntary muscles CANT operate off of anything but glucose... u need to supply these or else your body will accellarate muscle protein breakdown ten fold... and you are wrong you dont burn carbs "first" you burn whatever fuel ur body needs to burn to operate most efficiently... slow bursts of motion generally burn more fat... this is why 40 to 60 mins of slow intensity cardio is better for fat loss than a 20 min sprint session or a 20 min high intensity run... because insted of burning glucose you will burn saturated fat as a primary source of energy... this is because the faster the burst of motion the higher proportion of glucose you use in that motion... this is why carbs are very important before/during/after ur lifts, because thats what you are using when you lift... try eating tons of peanut butter or high fatty foods with ur protein insted of sugars before during and after ur workout and tell me how you feel after a few weeks of that... if you are lifting weights you need carbs... it is that simple...

I'm not disagreeing about 40-60 minutes of low impact cardio. However I am disagreeing with you that carbs with each meal are necessary. IMHO carbs while cutting are only necessary for PWO and PPWO....... and NOT during your workout as you stated. Breakfast is the only other meal I would add carbs, other than that there is no need for them. Nutrient timing is key, every meal serves a purpose. There is no reason why carbs in each meal are needed to keep lean mass while dieting. Healthy fats are great for retaining mass in the meals where replacing muscle glycogen is not necessary.
    Last edited by LeanMeOut; 02-13-2005 at 04:07 PM.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    I'm not disagreeing about 40-60 minutes of low impact cardio. However I am disagreeing with you that carbs with each meal are necessary. IMHO carbs while cutting are only necessary for PWO and PPWO....... and NOT during your workout as you stated. Breakfast is the only other meal I would add carbs, other than that there is no need for them. Nutrient timing is key, every meal serves a purpose. There is no reason why carbs in each meal are needed to keep lean mass while dieting. Healthy fats are great for retaining mass in the meals where replacing muscle glycogen is not necessary.

Amen.

Phatso is offline Associate Member
    wow so much info sorry for turnin a simple thread into a carb war guys hehe

Thread Information