submissionman is offline Junior Member

Cool Meals after morning cardio

I am currently on a strict cutting diet and was wondering about my morning meals. I am a personal trainer, so some days I am getting up at like 4 am to do morning cardio before a 530 am client. I don't have time to eat what I usually do on the days I don't have early clients. Here is what i am currently doing.

Cardio-45 min. (empty stomach)

Meal 1
    Labrada Lean Body Breakfast shake (40g protein, 23 g
    carbs, 7g fat)

Meal 2
    10 egg whites/ 1/2 cup oatmeal

Should I get up earlier and make the eggs and oatmeal for my 1st meal and then have pro/fat for my 2nd meal? I want to be very strict so I don't want to combine pro/carbs/fat in a meal like the shake has. Please help.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I dont have an carbs for my first meal in the AM. When I am cutting i strictly stay with pro-fat meals all day untill I get to my first pwo meal then I induce carbs. I try to keep myself in lyposis all day.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    What if you are not lifting? I am recovering from surgery and CANNOT lift, just cardio for now, does that mean little to no carbs?

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    I dont have an carbs for my first meal in the AM. When I am cutting i strictly stay with pro-fat meals all day untill I get to my first pwo meal then I induce carbs. I try to keep myself in lyposis all day.
    Most people prefer that for sure.

I, however, really crave the energy from my first meal being pro/carb...

It all depends on your goals, needs, and how your body reacts... however, do your best to not include fats and carbs in the same meal... that much is clear cut for everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by chuck89gt5.0
    What if you are not lifting? I am recovering from surgery and CANNOT lift, just cardio for now, does that mean little to no carbs?
    You still needs carbs for energy, right? I would try to consume the majority of my carbs in the AM... since you are not ingesting PWO carbs...

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    no carbs after cardio on empty stomach??? i think thats insane. I am starving afterwards, my body sucks complex carbs right up like a sponge.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.shred
    no carbs after cardio on empty stomach??? i think thats insane. I am starving afterwards, my body sucks complex carbs right up like a sponge.
    Yes, I'm the same way. Most people prefer/suggest a Pro/Fat meal afterwards... but, I prefer pro/carb.... all depends on your goals and how your body reacts.... I just can't handle not having the carbs in the AM...

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Yes, I'm the same way. Most people prefer/suggest a Pro/Fat meal afterwards... but, I prefer pro/carb.... all depends on your goals and how your body reacts.... I just can't handle not having the carbs in the AM...
    i hear that. I have carbs all day untill 4pm

Thread Information