newbrew is offline Senior Member

Breakfast critique please

This may or may not be a good breakfast. I really just need some opinions and/or help to get it in check. It is not my normal everyday breakfast. but what I had this morning.

1 cup oatmeal
    1 cup 0% fat milk (for oatmeal)
    1 teaspoon of evil white sugar for oatmeal

3 whole eggs cooked into an omlet w/ a sprinkle of nonfat cheese
    2 sliced tomato's diced up and thrown in
    Some spices like cayenne pepper, pepper, and tabasco

4 scoops of problab weight gainer mixed with water (600 calories, 52 protein, 86 carbs, 6 fat)

2 cups of black coffee

After reviewing where all my fat came from. I may decide to just stick with egg whites, as I sometimes find it hard to stay under my daily fat intake.

Total Breakfast:
    1233 Calories
    93 protein, 128 carbs, 28 fat

My current TOTAL intake for the DAY:
    3500 calories - 40% protein 40% carbs 20% fat (251 protein, 251 carbs, 55 fat) Although Ill admit I do end up eating a tad more protein that carbs by the end of the day.

I just started my first cycle of Test E @ 325mg/week last thursday. I am 180 pounds, 6'0, 24 y/o. I am looking to put on about 10 pounds of lean muscle
    Last edited by newbrew; 02-14-2005 at 12:27 PM.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    give us the whole daily diet

my critique so far:
    1. Drop the sugar..replace with a non-nutritive sweetener (splenda)
    2. stop mixing carbs and fat in the same meal
    3. Drop the milk(optional)
    4. (optional) Ease up on drinking coffee with your meal (caffeine changes the the ph of the stomach..this could result in improper digestion/assimilation..due to a suboptimal digestive enviroment)...

IMO

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    give us the whole daily diet

my critique so far:
    1. Drop the sugar..replace with a non-nutritive sweetener (splenda)
    2. stop mixing carbs and fat in the same meal
    3. Drop the milk(optional)
    4. (optional) Ease up on drinking coffee with your meal (caffeine changes the the ph of the stomach..this could result in improper digestion/assimilation..due to a suboptimal digestive enviroment)...

IMO
    Ditto

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by newbrew
    This may or may not be a good breakfast. I really just need some opinions and/or help to get it in check. It is not my normal everyday breakfast. but what I had this morning.

1 cup oatmeal
    1 cup 0% fat milk (for oatmeal)
    1 teaspoon of evil white sugar for oatmeal

3 whole eggs cooked into an omlet w/ a sprinkle of nonfat cheese
    2 sliced tomato's diced up and thrown in
    Some spices like cayenne pepper, pepper, and tabasco

4 scoops of problab weight gainer mixed with water (600 calories, 52 protein, 86 carbs, 6 fat)

2 cups of black coffee

After reviewing where all my fat came from. I may decide to just stick with egg whites, as I sometimes find it hard to stay under my daily fat intake.

Total Breakfast:
    1233 Calories
    93 protein, 128 carbs, 28 fat

My current TOTAL intake for the DAY:
    3500 calories - 40% protein 40% carbs 20% fat (251 protein, 251 carbs, 55 fat) Although Ill admit I do end up eating a tad more protein that carbs by the end of the day.

I just started my first cycle of Test E @ 325mg/week last thursday. I am 180 pounds, 6'0, 24 y/o. I am looking to put on about 10 pounds of lean muscle

Dam-n thats A LOT of calories/protein/carbs for 1 meal. There is no way your body will get anywhere close to processing 90+ grams of protein in 1 meal, and those carbs aren't going to get all used up in between your meals. Your also combining fats and carbs.

I would make this meal a little smaller. Maybe 12 egg whites and 1 cup of oatmeal and your 2 cups of black coffee. Also those weight gainers are almost always loaded with sugars.

I know you have to eat big to get big and if thats how you feel about this meal then thats fine but you're going to gain a lot of fat a long with that muscle.

Thread Information