Justarting is offline Associate Member

Curious of science behind No "PROTEIN only" meals?

Just curious as to the reason people actually freak when there is a meal that has only protein in it, what are the reasons for this? Why does a protein only meal actually hinder fat loss, when simply adding about 80 calories from fat promotes fat loss? Im lost here!

If you eat a meal with only protien, your body will use it for energy.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YounG_SluG11
    If you eat a meal with only protien, your body will use it for energy.
    Exactly. If you have no energy source in your meals, you body resorts to converting the amino acids into simple sugars, leaving less protein to actually be utilized for protein synthesis!

Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator
    Exactly. If you have no energy source in your meals, you body resorts to converting the amino acids into simple sugars, leaving less protein to actually be utilized for protein synthesis!
    Yulp.

Protien should always be consumed with carbs or fat, so your body uses them for energy, and not the protien.

Justarting is offline Associate Member
    But how would that affect the rate at which my body was burning fat. Apparently I would be burning more fat if i had the protein plus fat rather than the protein only meal, even though the protein only meal has less calories. I understand that the protein would be being used for energy, but that would only affect muscle gain not so much fat loss would it not? One would think that the protein only meal, having less calroies, would be best for fat loss, but this is not the case.... why is that?

Thread Information