Thread: Tuna....ugh...

KeyMastur is offline VET

Tuna....ugh...

Ok, I need to start eating more tuna, mainly b/c it's got a great amount of protein. I saw those Starkist tuna pouches in the store and almost bought one. But, how the hell do you eat that crap? I've tried it on a cracker before, and almost barfed b/c it reminded me of cat food. Any other hot recipes?

bigtraps is offline Member
    I eat at the very least one can a day.. straight up. nothing added.
    You could throw some mustard in, or low fat mayo.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Like you I hate it. I was forcing down 1 to 3 cans a day till 3 days ago when I got a fish bone and almost blew. Should have choke on it and sued.j/k Since then I have been eating can chicken. Got a fish scale before too. I get sick just thinking about it. It will take me a while before I can eat another can. Thank god for chicken.

Ask Billy about tuna though he's got an interesting way for you to eat it.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Ron we should,nt really tell him that should we?? LOL

I eat it straight out of the can or stick it in the blender with a pint of water or milk gross I know but you kinda get used to it and it is quick.

Billy

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    3 Cans everyday mixed with l/f cottage cheese.

Lovelly.

Billy the Blender is for shakes! Makes me feel sick everytime I here that..........I have ask what made you do it first time round, we're you bored or drunk or what LOL

BA

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    The guy I used to train with laughed and said stick it in the blender I was young and went home and done it much to my Mum,s horror .Went back and said yeah that tasted OK

He said WTF I was joking

There you go seriously it really ain,t that bad you can even dump egg whites in with it.

Billy

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    If I was going to mix tuna in the blender I would probably mix it up with V-8 drink or something like that. Personally I eat my tuna 2 ways. 1) Mixed with a tablespoon of fat free mayo, on a whole wheat bagel or if I'm cutting back on carbs 2) Mixed with mustard (or spicy mustard) with a fork.
    My wife absolutely detests tuna so she sticks to microwaved white fish (hoddock, cod, pollock, sole, flounder, etc...) for her fish. Seafood is an entirely differen't ball game and doesn't have to be costly. One of the tastiest and most convenient meals I eat is 4oz of cooked & peeled salad shrimp mixed with 1 1/2 cups of brown rice and sprinkled with a teaspoon of virgin olive oil. Tip: buy your shrimp frozen in bulk at Costco or another warehouse club. I also love scallops...a little more pricey but very very tasty.
    Pete

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Now your talkin Pete. Shrimp is a personal favorite of mine. Really I like anything in a shell. Its just that crap with scales I hate. I have to force myself to eat it.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Put low fat mayo... pepper... mix ...and make a tuna melt. One slice of American cheese melted on two pieces of toast. that's my favorite way.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    damn billy... man you will eat anything.. Well I usually mix tuna with Mustard and usually put in a salad, just lettuce and low fat dressing. Sometimes I will mix it with Lipton soup, really kills the taste, I put some boiled eggs in there too to help add to the protein. Guys also I found something really interesting the other day at the Grocery store. Freaking Cheese sticks. they have like 6 Grams of protein per little stick and like 1 gram of fat, and 5 grams of carbs. They taste like rubber, but good if you are like me and eat yogurt and a steak or something and want to add to the protein you just consumed. Good to munch on.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    arthur, i do that exact same thing after every workout. i love tuna melts. i eat them on english muffins though

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Tuna??

Ok guys Tuna dose'nt have to be all that bad if you know what to do with it. Big Traps, You are the only one that I know that likes a little mustard and mayo mixed in with their tuna. It really kinda gives it a zing. You might try thinnly slicing a couple of slices of onion and then dicing it up as well.
    Now I know that there is at least 1 reciepe over there with tuna in it. I thought tuna and water in a blender sounded kinda bland but I can understand why Billy dose it, somtimes I have looked for ways to get tuna down that was fast as well. NOW Pete's idea about mixing it with V-8 juice dose'nt sound all that bad. Might give it a try tommorrow.
    Tobey

Thread Information