Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet

Anyone use Stevia Extract?

I've been reading up on it, and it seems like it would be cool to try out...

So far I've gathered that it's 100-300 times sweeter than sugar, is calorie-free, saccharin & aspartame free, and doesn't affect blood sugar levels.....

However, some people say that it can be sometimes bitter (mainly the aftertaste).....

Apparently it has been used in Asia for years... and is effective at retarding the growth of plaque in the mouth, and to be anti-cariogenic... (claims)...

Do you use it? What do you use it in/for? Looks interesting, I wonder why it's so uncommon?

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    It was in a protien brand that I took once. Just a nutural sugar substitute. Have never heard anything bad about it from a side effect stand point. If you find a good place to purchase it let me know. (I believe it's just a leaf) Uncommon because companies are making so much money selling splenda and others.

Gants is offline New Member
    my exgirlfriend got me hooked on it . she used it all the time in place of sugar, it tastes good, and is very healthy for you, i love it, give it a try

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    it's also pretty expensive...i use splenda cuz i can buy it in bulk.

Thread Information