dutchman718 is offline Junior Member

help with post operation diet

Going in for surgery for a hernia on March 4th, this is my current diet and excersise schedule, anyone have any suggestions on how I should alter it after surgery. I am going to be layed up about 6 weeks.Besides from the PWO carbs what else should I get rid of. I was thinking of half the fat per meal, would that be enough? Obviously I am on a cutting diet. Thanks fellas, I would appreciate any advice.

5:45 AM - Coffee
    6:15-7:00 - Cardio (3.3 mph at 7 incline on treadmill)
    7:45- 1/2 cup oatmeal w/ water/ 6 egg whites/broccolli
    10:30- isopure(2.5 scoops) with 2tbsp natty PB
    1:00- Tuna(1 can) with full fat mayo(or 25 almonds) and broccolli
    3:00 - lean protein and fat(this meal usually varies)
    5:00 - 6:00 workout
    6:15 - Post workout shake 20 G pro/with 80 grams carbs (from dextrose) or oatmeal if thats all thats around
    7:15 - PPWO - 8 oz.lean meat with one piece of whole wheat bread or brown rice
    10:30 - 2.5 scoops isopure with 2 tbsp natty PB

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    I have the same problem as you from surgery, I also asked the same question. My advice would be to drop the cals a bit because you will not be as active so you will burn less calories. Wait didnt you say you willl be laid up in bed? In your diet outlines you have pwo and ppwo, I thought you were going to be laid up, how are you going to lift?

the diet in my post is my current diet. I will be laid up in bed only for a day or two. I will not be lifting for 5 to 6 weeks.

L-carnatine is offline Banned
    get rid of the peanut butter nuts and moyonase as well as the pwo and the ppwo i had a car accident about 2yrd ago and i was out for 3months (it put a hurtin). what i basically did was count my calories and carbs and fats as well and tried to eliminate all sugars only had sugar about 1time a week i was only eating up to 1500cal 30gfat 70gcarb 5gsugar sometimes 0 and as protein it was basically what ever i got but the carbs where before 3pm it was hard tho. that method worked.................then when i was going back i wroked myself back by the eating every 3hrs but what i did was i put myelf threw an extreme for 2 weeks of egg whites turkey broccoli and tuna only and verry limited amounts with only 6slices of turkey per siting 1 can per siting 8whites per sitting and diner was just 1 chiken breast the broccoli was mostly incorperated with the eggs.......after those two weeks i went back to the normal pro/fat diet with pwo and ppwo

thanks fellas- just dropping down the cals to 1500 should be appropriate. Not looking forward to it but really have no choice..

Thread Information