Thread: Liquid diet?

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements

Liquid diet?

Ok, im looking for opinions on a liquid diet while cutting. I am 5'9 and 185 lbs. I recently underwent a densitometric body composition analysis at school for a course im taking which claimed i had 7.6% body fat and would like to get it down to 5-6% if possible. Before you start flaming, think of the basics of nutrition and macronutrient intake. I have whey protein isolate, micellar casein, milk protein isolate, egg white protein, taurine, maltodextrin, dextrose, flax seed oil, creatine and multivitamins. The proteins i have all have aminogen and a vitamin/mineral complex in them. I am planning on trying to maintain a 50:40:10 ratio of carbsrotein:fats and planning on cutting in the late spring for a month or so and thinking of just going with a liquid diet to cut out all the crap in the foods at my school. If i really need to eat something i have a few pounds of unsalted almonds and a few pounds of chicken breast. What do you all think of a diet consisting solely of the shakes that can be made with these products? And for those who think it would be a bad diet, please tell me what i could do to make it work(aside of adding solid food.)

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    Search for a post I made a couple weeks ago titled VELOCITY DIET.....

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    bro, honestly if u have a choice between that and school food def do the liquid diet. School foods are pure sh*t. My gf is having a problem with that now. She mostly has a lot of shakes/mrp/and makes most of her food in the microwave to avoid the school food. Once, school is out you can go back to reg. diet. School food is brutal though.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    i would think school has a salad bar of some sort...at least have some fresh veggies to get some type of food in you....liquid diets are good in theory, but actually staying on one just seems a little too extreme for me (and i have dieted down for a contest) so i know what extreme dieting is all about.

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Would the liquid really fill you up?

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SplinterCell
    Would the liquid really fill you up?
    my point exactly

pyschomab is offline Associate Member
    just make sure u got ur protien shakes in that diet!!

Thread Information