Thread: dextrose

Stephan is offline Associate Member

dextrose

Im changing up my protien shake now I am going to use just 2 scoops of whey and 4 scoops of dextrose...will this be fine for now I dont have the maltodextrin yet but I am looking for it...also should I drink A shake before and after I work out or just after

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan
    Im changing up my protien shake now I am going to use just 2 scoops of whey and 4 scoops of dextrose...will this be fine for now I dont have the maltodextrin yet but I am looking for it...also should I drink A shake before and after I work out or just after

The 4 scoops of dextrose is perfect. As for having a shake before and after, you should post your full diet and we could help you more from there. However if you're asking if you should have Whey/Dex before you workout, absolutely not.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I would not worry about buying any Maltodextrin if you already have Dextrose, stick with dex.

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    4 scoops of dextrose? Are you sure that isn't overdoing it? I'm looking at an old empty can of GNC creadrive that I keep my dextrose in. It says one scoop had 34 grams of dextrose, and the scoops were identical to the whey protein scoops I usually get. Just because the scoop sizes are the same doesn't mean the mass is.

read this about the dextrose measures
    http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...d.php?t=150962

I used my protien scoop and put 2 scoops of protien and 4 scoops of dextrose...That crap is so sweet I have to chase each swallow with a gulp og water...how can anyone drink a whole class of that crap

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Add more water

4 scoops is too much. I would use 2.5. I also prefer to use just one scoop in the shake, followed by or after a kool-aid like drink with dextrose instead of table sugar.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Yeah if you put 4 protein size scoops youre putting way too much... I can guarantee that whey protein is a lot less dense than dextrose. Try weighing it or using tsp/tbsb measurements.

this is my question how can that much sugar be good for you thats what i dont undersand whats the purpose

HammerCurler is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan
    this is my question how can that much sugar be good for you thats what i dont undersand whats the purpose
    taking in the dextrose causes your body to have an insulin spike, this is when your muscles will eat up nutrients at a faster rate than usual (not sure of the exact time frame 1-2hrs?)...Therefore, the shake that accompanies the dex gets eaten up by your muscles(helping them grow faster), as well as your PPWO Pro/Carb meal. Atleast as for as I know,....

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by HammerCurler
    taking in the dextrose causes your body to have an insulin spike, this is when your muscles will eat up nutrients at a faster rate than usual (not sure of the exact time frame 1-2hrs?)...Therefore, the shake that accompanies the dex gets eaten up by your muscles(helping them grow faster), as well as your PPWO Pro/Carb meal. Atleast as for as I know,....
    Right on... This is the same reason some bodybuilders shoot insulin before they eat their post-workout meal, to accelerate protein synthesis at an already heightened time when all that blood is pumping through your muscles.

Thread Information