Thread: chili question

GQSuperman is offline Banned

chili question

what do you guys think about chili while cutting? i make mine with ground sirloin (drained well) or ground chicken. i add some onion and green pepper and a small can of tomato sauce (use a ton of meat). i also add a small portion of kidney beans.

the tomato sauce can says something like 2-3 carbs. i can't imagine there are much more in the other stuff. so, topped with some cheese, is this a good pro/fat mean or not?

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Maybe once in a while it won't hurt you, but I wouldn't have that as a staple in my diet.

GQSuperman is offline Banned

any particular reason

it's really just meat and veggies. any particular reason this may not be good for you? it would be the same as having a sirloin patty or chicken breast, with a tomato and some beans....just that it's mixed all together.

is the tomato a bad veggie...like peas and carrots etc.

Give me the total macro breakdown of the meal (pro,fat,carbs)

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GQSuperman
    it's really just meat and veggies. any particular reason this may not be good for you? it would be the same as having a sirloin patty or chicken breast, with a tomato and some beans....just that it's mixed all together.

is the tomato a bad veggie...like peas and carrots etc.
    There is no reason, but paranoia and obsessive-compulsiveness run rampant on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim2884
    There is no reason, but paranoia and obsessive-compulsiveness run rampant on this board.

What's this comment all about? I just wanted to know the nutrition facts before I said if I would use it daily or not.

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    It's probably fine, though it could potentially be really high in sodium depending on how you make it. Sometimes I'll eat hormel turkey chili ppwo. THe kidney beans may add a lot of carbs however. If you stick to the p/f or p/c meal stuff, I think it would be better without the cheese as a p/c meal. Kidney beans are really healthy and pack a lot of fiber.

Quote Originally Posted by carbs-rule
    It's probably fine, though it could potentially be really high in sodium depending on how you make it. Sometimes I'll eat hormel turkey chili ppwo. THe kidney beans may add a lot of carbs however. If you stick to the p/f or p/c meal stuff, I think it would be better without the cheese as a p/c meal. Kidney beans are really healthy and pack a lot of fiber.

My thoughts exactly about the beans and sodium, but I guess with just the other ingrediants it would be fine. See how your body reacts to it and if you don't like the direction you are going, ditch it

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim2884

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    I have chili like three times a week while cutting....or course its only tomato sauce and meat

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    i make mine with extra lean ground turkey meat, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, chilli powder, diced tomatoes, healthy reguest tomato soup, chili beans(sugar free), and fat free cheese in the crock pot on low.... mmmmm! mmmmm!

Thread Information