Thread: ketosis diet

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member

ketosis diet

i've been reading about ketosis diets and have a decent understanding and think that i would be able to lower my bodyfat in the next 2 weeks by using this type of diet but i do not understand the math when it comes to calculating the amount of the daily intake of fat that should be taken when on a keto diet??? if someone good give me an answer according to my specs that'd be great! im 178lbs at 5-6%bf ... thanks!

also when on a keto diet should you be having any PWO simple carbs???(stupid question i know but im not sure)

also what about broccolli and things like sauce for chicken and protein poweders, do these have to little of amounts of carbs to take you out of ketosis???

bump bump

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Do a Net search for KETOGENIC DIETS. You have a lot to learn about them if you are going to run them correctly.

5-6% bodyfat? Why the keto diet then? Keto diets are for those who have LOTS of fat to lose. At 5% (if you REALLY ARE), that is the LAST DIET you'd want to do.

BTW, this approach will NOT work magic in two weeks, no. You'll lose water and not too much more.

As well, you have to eat 75% fat, 25% protein, and you MUST be spot on w/meals or else you'll never enter ketosis and you'll lose lean muscle INSTEAD of fat. I personally don't like these approaches, but to each their own.

It's an advanced diet, so research a good while.

~SC~

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    im confused

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Me too. The lack of punctuation gave me a migraine not even 1/4 of the way into it.

~SC~

i actually had some second thoughts about this, because its 2 weeks away from my trip and i dont want to screw things up that are already working, but the thing that im still not sure about is how much carbs i should be taking in at this point? as of right now im cosuming 1/4 cup of oats in the morning 45 min after cardio, then only on training days im having 50g of dextrose! on myoff days im taking in just the 1/4 of oats in the morning and thats it! is this not enough? if so how much should i be having?

Thread Information