Thread: dextrose

Stephan is offline Associate Member

dextrose

I have a couple of questions regarding dextrose

1. after a workout I put 2 scoops of protien powder and 2 and a half scoops of dextrose... Is This ok or do I need to buy Maltrodextrin??? Also When Im not drinking my PWO shake how should I make it??? 2 scoops protien and one scoop dextrose?

2. I was researching a supplement called chromium It said that it was needed for my cutting diet... Is this really necessery??? And can I get it local... I found it at GNC but im sure I can find it somewhere else cheaper.

Thanks, Stephan

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    1) for your pwo you need a ration of about 1g protein - 2g dextrose. So if your protein shake is 2 scoops (probably around 40g or so) you need about 80g dextrose. Depending on the size of your scoop, 80g dex won't be measured in 2 scoops so you probably are needing more.

2)That's the only time you need dextrose in a shake. Usually my shakes have one of three things in them 1)protein and oats 2)protein and flax oil 3)protein and dex. With the oats in the morning, the dex after working out, and the flax in all the others.

3)dex is fine you don't need malodextrin

peace

Dude....oats in your protein shake?

Stephan is offline Associate Member
    So how do you do you Oats??? Do you put a whole cup of raw oatmeal in a blender with 2 scoops of protien?

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    I put a half cup, with two scoops protein and a good amount of water. It's not bad really, you should give it a try. In fact, I'm willing to be that some people on this board enjoy them thoroughly.

Thread Information