maelstrom is offline New Member

What is the difference?

Does anyone know the difference between Ephedrine Sulfate and Ephedrine Hydrochloride? Bronkaid contains the former, another type of Asthma medication contains the ladder.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Bronkaid has the one that is to be used if you are using it for an ECA. The Primatene tabs have the other kind of ephedrine, and that does nothing for the properties desired.

Chemically I can't explain why, but that's the end result of them both.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Bronkaid has the one that is to be used if you are using it for an ECA. The Primatene tabs have the other kind of ephedrine, and that does nothing for the properties desired.

Chemically I can't explain why, but that's the end result of them both.

~SC~
    Thank you sir. I'm sitting here right now waiting for Bronkaid 25mg and Caffeine 200mg to kick in so I can go running. Will it be a noticeable change?

If you have never taken it before you will be feeling it, and it may not be plesant the first few times either. I hated it at first, now i love it

It's been about 35 minutes... hasn't hit me quite yet. I feel normal. I took this stuff on an empty stomach, too. How long should it take for the stuff to kick in?

EDIT: I'm starting to get a little worried. The Bronkaid I just got contains 25mg of Ephedrine Sulfate, not Ephedrine HCL. What if it has no effect whatsoever? Also took 200mg caffeine, but caffeine seldom has any effect on me.
    Last edited by maelstrom; 02-25-2005 at 11:16 PM.

Sulfate should work fine, its a broncodialator because it is a beta-1 and beta-2 agonist, just like ephedrine-hcl. im 99% sure they become exactly the same thing once they hit the stomach anyway. I belive it is Ephedrine acidified with sulfuric acid instead of hydrochloric acid. But the result is the same, an Ephedrine acidified, the CL- or S04- that is hanging around isnt part of the ephedrine, its just having around to balance the + charge on Ephedrine-H+. Why they used different things to acidify it, i dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenBricks
    Sulfate should work fine, its a broncodialator because it is a beta-1 and beta-2 agonist, just like ephedrine-hcl. im 99% sure they become exactly the same thing once they hit the stomach anyway. I belive it is Ephedrine acidified with sulfuric acid instead of hydrochloric acid. But the result is the same, an Ephedrine acidified, the CL- or S04- that is hanging around isnt part of the ephedrine, its just having around to balance the + charge on Ephedrine-H+. Why they used different things to acidify it, i dunno.
    Good explanation, thanks man.

I just got back from a 3.2 mile run in very hilly terrain. The furthest I've ever run around my neighborhood is 2 miles. This stuff gave me a TREMENDOUS boost in energy and endurance. Wow. Will post again soon if things go according to my plan .

I feel like I could do this all night

Thanks for answering my questions guys!

Thread Information