02-26-2005, 02:55 PM #1
Couple things I've had success with as an ectomorph
One of the most common reasons for newbies getting into AAS too early is the fact that they're ectomorphic in body type and don't know how to correctly diet or train to accomodate this. Especialy when the people you workout with are not ecto and you try and follow their examples, this is a hopeless endevor.
I've been lifting since I was 15, about 8 years now, but only had minimum success until I was 18 when I finally started to move towards a diet more suited towards my bodytype. My starting weight was 135-140lbs back then, now 225lbs and always sub-10% (couldn't go higher if I tried). So heres a few things that have helped me greatly, PM me for more details if you need!
1. First and foremost, complex carbs are your friend! Pasta, breads, rice, etc. eat them and love them, 400-500g of carbs /day is what you should shoot for, even more if you can stomach it.
2. Lots of protien is also a must - try for 400g /day, but if you don't eat carbs like they're going out of style you'll just burn all that protien instead, trust me lean bulking does little good for an ecto, its all or nothing.
3. Forget what you heard about not eating before bed, instead, eat as big of a meal as possible before you goto bed, both carbs and protien! I've been known to take a pot of spaghetti to bed with me!
4. Even though most of us aren't as hungry in the morning, eat as much as you can before leaving the house, it was always a big mistake of mine to slack in the morning when I was half asleep!
5. Eat a meal every 2-2.5 hours depending on how long your day is, 6-8 meals is what you want. Cut down on snacking inbetween those meals, I've found that just hinders my ability to eat a full meal when the time comes, and whats 2 hours anyway?
6. Lift heavy, low reps, not too much rest between sets. Never longer than 1 hour working out and try to focus on compound excersizes like DL, bench, squat, they'll help pack on the mass faster than isolation. And make your workouts into a 5 or 6 day split, no less than 5, in order to limit the duration of each.
7. Drop cardio, period. Some will argue its good for you, etc. and it probably is but it will slow you down in your quest for size, alot.
8. No crap food! If you're thinking you can bulk faster by eating cookies, chips, gummy bears, chocolate bars, you won't. In fact you probably won't even get fat, I never have, it seems to burn up almost as soon as it enters me, it'll just make you full.
9. Avoid anything that makes you too full for too long, look at the nutritional values, if theres not a hell of alot in it and it makes you full for 4 hours (like a meal at mcdonalds) then you just wasted 2 meals! Being full doesn't always mean you've eaten enough.
10. Stop reading this and go eat someinthing
There, now stop crying that you can't gain weight you girly men
02-26-2005, 03:09 PM #2
02-26-2005, 03:13 PM #3
good post. if you want to do cardio while trying to gain, walk don't run.
02-26-2005, 04:33 PM #4
02-26-2005, 05:12 PM #5
04-13-2005, 03:35 AM #6
04-13-2005, 03:48 AM #7
Good post bro. I'm a meso-endo, but learning the approachs of each body type can be very helpful to anyone.
09-20-2005, 07:42 PM #8Junior Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2005
- Kingston, ontario
09-20-2005, 09:19 PM #9
sticky that hoe...too many times ectomorphs come in here looking for the best advice and repost the same thing over and over...ill keep bumping this if it doesnt get stickied...cept you should prob change the title to "if you are a skinny fvcker and want to gain weight, read this!"
09-20-2005, 09:33 PM #10
any info for those of use that are not ectomorphs..???
09-20-2005, 10:34 PM #11
- Join Date
- Jan 2005
- Blog Entries
very nice post, i like #10. I am going to up my carbs now.
09-20-2005, 11:48 PM #12
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)