1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member

Couple things I've had success with as an ectomorph

One of the most common reasons for newbies getting into AAS too early is the fact that they're ectomorphic in body type and don't know how to correctly diet or train to accomodate this. Especialy when the people you workout with are not ecto and you try and follow their examples, this is a hopeless endevor.

I've been lifting since I was 15, about 8 years now, but only had minimum success until I was 18 when I finally started to move towards a diet more suited towards my bodytype. My starting weight was 135-140lbs back then, now 225lbs and always sub-10% (couldn't go higher if I tried). So heres a few things that have helped me greatly, PM me for more details if you need!

1. First and foremost, complex carbs are your friend! Pasta, breads, rice, etc. eat them and love them, 400-500g of carbs /day is what you should shoot for, even more if you can stomach it.

2. Lots of protien is also a must - try for 400g /day, but if you don't eat carbs like they're going out of style you'll just burn all that protien instead, trust me lean bulking does little good for an ecto, its all or nothing.

3. Forget what you heard about not eating before bed, instead, eat as big of a meal as possible before you goto bed, both carbs and protien! I've been known to take a pot of spaghetti to bed with me!

4. Even though most of us aren't as hungry in the morning, eat as much as you can before leaving the house, it was always a big mistake of mine to slack in the morning when I was half asleep!

5. Eat a meal every 2-2.5 hours depending on how long your day is, 6-8 meals is what you want. Cut down on snacking inbetween those meals, I've found that just hinders my ability to eat a full meal when the time comes, and whats 2 hours anyway?

6. Lift heavy, low reps, not too much rest between sets. Never longer than 1 hour working out and try to focus on compound excersizes like DL, bench, squat, they'll help pack on the mass faster than isolation. And make your workouts into a 5 or 6 day split, no less than 5, in order to limit the duration of each.

7. Drop cardio, period. Some will argue its good for you, etc. and it probably is but it will slow you down in your quest for size, alot.

8. No crap food! If you're thinking you can bulk faster by eating cookies, chips, gummy bears, chocolate bars, you won't. In fact you probably won't even get fat, I never have, it seems to burn up almost as soon as it enters me, it'll just make you full.

9. Avoid anything that makes you too full for too long, look at the nutritional values, if theres not a hell of alot in it and it makes you full for 4 hours (like a meal at mcdonalds) then you just wasted 2 meals! Being full doesn't always mean you've eaten enough.

10. Stop reading this and go eat someinthing

There, now stop crying that you can't gain weight you girly men

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    good post!

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    good post. if you want to do cardio while trying to gain, walk don't run.

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    Good Post.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires

bd50 is offline Associate Member

bump

good read

cjp85 is offline Member
    Good post bro. I'm a meso-endo, but learning the approachs of each body type can be very helpful to anyone.

Duster is offline Junior Member
    Niiiiice!...

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    sticky that hoe...too many times ectomorphs come in here looking for the best advice and repost the same thing over and over...ill keep bumping this if it doesnt get stickied...cept you should prob change the title to "if you are a skinny fvcker and want to gain weight, read this!"

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    any info for those of use that are not ectomorphs..???

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    very nice post, i like #10. I am going to up my carbs now.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    bump!

Thread Information