rissinite is offline Associate Member

Just a few cutting questions....

I started my cutting diet today, and am curious about some possible alternatives to some of the things included in my diet. Stats: 6'5", 238lbs, 15%BF. Looking to maintain muscle and cut up.

1. I have the flax and dex, however, if I'm looking to cut, in my Pro/Fat shakes, can I substitute Natty PB for flax in my evening shake? I will be having a shake w/ flax in the a.m.

2. While cutting, I'll be taking Glutamine, arginine, and phosphagen HP to aid in maintaining my muscle. My plan is this....

Glutamine... in a.m. w/ water before my cardio, and before my lift in the afternoon

NOX2... in a.m, same as glutamine, and 30 mins. before lift

Phosphagen HP... in my PWO shake

Would you recommend anything different?

3. If I'm having sources of fat other than EFA's, such as Ranch dressing, mayo, or cheese, how many grams should I allow myself per day or per meal, if I'm getting 50g of Pro per meal

4. Is Whole Wheat pasta PPWO just as good as brown rice for cutting, and if not, how many servings should I allow myself per week?

Thanks in advance guys.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    IN CAPS!

Quote Originally Posted by rissinite
    I started my cutting diet today, and am curious about some possible alternatives to some of the things included in my diet. Stats: 6'5", 238lbs, 15%BF. Looking to maintain muscle and cut up.

1. I have the flax and dex, however, if I'm looking to cut, in my Pro/Fat shakes, can I substitute Natty PB for flax in my evening shake? I will be having a shake w/ flax in the a.m.

NOT A PROBLEM, JUST BE MINDFUL OF HOW MUCH YOU EAT AS THIS STUFF IS ADDICTING...2 TBSP SHOULD SUFFICE (14G)

2. While cutting, I'll be taking Glutamine, arginine, and phosphagen HP to aid in maintaining my muscle. My plan is this....

Glutamine... in a.m. w/ water before my cardio, and before my lift in the afternoon

SOUNDS GOOD!

NOX2... in a.m, same as glutamine, and 30 mins. before lift

Phosphagen HP... in my PWO shake

I DO NOT ADD ANYTHING PERSONALLY TO MY PWO, BUT I DO NOT FORSEE A PROBLEM WITH THIS?

Would you recommend anything different?

3. If I'm having sources of fat other than EFA's, such as Ranch dressing, mayo, or cheese, how many grams should I allow myself per day or per meal, if I'm getting 50g of Pro per meal

THIS IS DEPENDING ON YOUR OVERALL NEEDS, I WOULD NOT USE MUCH CHEESE OR RANCH DRESSING IN MY CUTTING APPROACH, I USE IT ONCE IN AWHILE BUT ALL IS WELL AS LONG AS YOU KEEP IT LOW AND HAVE INCORPORATED EFA'S IN THERE.

4. Is Whole Wheat pasta PPWO just as good as brown rice for cutting, and if not, how many servings should I allow myself per week?

SHOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM, DEPENDS ON BRAND I AM SURE, JUST MAKE SURE IT IS LOW GI (I DON'T USE WHOLE WEAT PASTA, JUST OL FASHIONED BROWN RICE). AS FOR HOW MANY SERVINGS? EVERY PPWO MEAL YOU HAVE WHICH SHOULD BE ON THE DAYS YOU LIFT AND THIS SHOULD BE 1HR-1.5 HRS AFTER PWO.

Thanks in advance guys.

Might wanna read the cutting stickie, and if you have read it before, well read it again. Post a sample diet and we can get into a bit further...

Also might wanna try using www.fitday.com to track your kcals etc... has worked wonders for me as it allows you to see just how much fats, carbs, pro you are taking in on a daily basis which allows for easy tweaking as time goes by.

One of the most important things to remember is to perform cardio 5-7 days a week at 75% max HR to achieve maximum fat loss...this and a solid diet of course.

Awesome reply....thanks so much. Thanks for the website as well. Here's what my day looks like today, and will be similar everyday.

Cardio: 45 mins, low intensity walk on treadmill on empty stomach

1. Methoxy Pro Whey Shake w/ Natty PB
    Pro: 50
    Carb: 14 (8 from Pro, 6 from PB...3g sugar total)
    Fat: 17

2. 1 Can Tuna, w/ Hellman's Light Mayo
    Pro: 36
    Carb: 2
    Fat 9

3. 8 eggwhites (1 yolk) w/ 1 carb ketchup, and 1/2 scoop of whey in water
    Pro: 40
    Carb: 1
    Fat: 8

Workout

4. PWO shake w/ Methoxy Pro Whey, Dextrose and Phosphagen HP
    Pro: 46
    Carb: 70
    Fat: 5

5. PPWO meal of chicken breast w/ whole wheat pasta and marinara
    Pro: 45
    Fat: trimmed from Chicken

6. VPX Zero Carb whey w/ water and Flax
    Carb: 0
    Fat: 12

Totals
    Pro: 257 (1028)
    Carb: 157 (628)
    Fat: 51 (459)
    Kcals: 2,115

Any input on the diet fellas?

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    CAPS!

Quote Originally Posted by rissinite
    Awesome reply....thanks so much. Thanks for the website as well. Here's what my day looks like today, and will be similar everyday.

Cardio: 45 mins, low intensity walk on treadmill on empty stomach

1. Methoxy Pro Whey Shake w/ Natty PB
    Pro: 50
    Carb: 14 (8 from Pro, 6 from PB...3g sugar total)
    Fat: 17

OK, BUT YOU MIGHT WANNA HAVE 1TBSP FLAX HERE AS YOU WANT A FAST ABSORBING PRO MEAL HERE, BUT OF COURSE OVER TIME YOU COULD SWITCH AND PROBABLY NOT HAVE A PROBLEM, BUT STARTING OUT I WOULD STICK W/ FLAX.

2. 1 Can Tuna, w/ Hellman's Light Mayo
    Pro: 36
    Carb: 2
    Fat 9

USE FULL FAT MAYO, 1 TBSP = 11g fat

3. 8 eggwhites (1 yolk) w/ 1 carb ketchup, and 1/2 scoop of whey in water
    Carb: 1
    Fat: 8

THIS WOULD BE A GOOD TIME FOR NATTY PB IMO.

Workout

4. PWO shake w/ Methoxy Pro Whey, Dextrose and Phosphagen HP
    Pro: 46
    Fat: 5

REMEMBER 2:1 RATIO..IF USING 46PRO THEN CARB SHOULD BE 92

5. PPWO meal of chicken breast w/ whole wheat pasta and marinara
    Pro: 45
    Fat: trimmed from Chicken

SOUNDS GOOD BUT I AM NOT TO SURE ABOUT THE MARINARA, WATCH THE SUGAR, YOU WANT CLEAN CARBS ONLY

6. VPX Zero Carb whey w/ water and Flax
    Carb: 0
    Fat: 12

OK!

Totals
    Pro: 257 (1028)
    Carb: 157 (628)
    Fat: 51 (459)
    Kcals: 2,115
    That is one hell of a nice start bro, stick with it and you will have no problems reaching your goal. Remember cardio...cardio...cardio....

Its all about consistency, and when it gets rough, ask yourself "How bad do i want this"?

Peace!

Thread Information