smegs is offline Member

can't do morning cardio while cutting!

sometimes its hard for me to get out in the morning to do my morning cardio due to early morning classes...

can i do my cardio at night??? or is that pointless???
    pointless b/c of the "early morning no food" rule..

thanks

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Well, if you wish to do cardio daily as most do when dieting/cutting, it's impossible to do it at night as you would have weight training at least 4-5 days out of the week at that time. I just get up earlier and get it done, then again, this is my business so it's easier for me probably.

~SC~

smegs is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Well, if you wish to do cardio daily as most do when dieting/cutting, it's impossible to do it at night as you would have weight training at least 4-5 days out of the week at that time. I just get up earlier and get it done, then again, this is my business so it's easier for me probably.

~SC~
    swole the days i have off for weight training, can i run in around 6-7pm? or is it just a waste?

I'd never run for cardio if your goal is fat loss.

You can eat fat/pro meals in the afternoon and make a 6 p.m. session of cardio productive though, yes.

~SC~

joevette is offline Banned
    You just have to suck it up bro. I get up 5 days a week at 6:00 am for an hour of cardio, then off to class.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I also get up at 5:15am every morning and i go to bed at 12pm everynight, i do cardio 5 days a week. My day is like this

Wake: 5:15am

Cardio: 5:50am

shower: 7:05am

work: 7:20

off: 5pm

school: 5:50pm-11pm

bed: 12pm

Repeat x 5

Its a bitch bro, but i would not change a thing. Cardio is a must while cutting plain and simple.

Just wake up earlier, you will get used to it.

Justarting is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    I also get up at 5:15am every morning and i go to bed at 12pm everynight, i do cardio 5 days a week. My day is like this

Repeat x 5

Its a bitch bro, but i would not change a thing. Cardio is a must while cutting plain and simple.

5 hours of sleep per night isn't helathy man, but i must say that dedication is impressive to say the least.
    Last edited by Justarting; 02-28-2005 at 10:24 PM.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    The whole purpose of cardio in the am is that you're body has fasted for atleast 4 hours. Just mimic the fasting by timing your second last meal to your cardio. If you insist on doing your cardio while on an empty stomach, just fast for four hours and hit the treadmill. IE don't eat from 5-9pm and hit the treadmill later on at night, follow it up with a protein/fat meal and you're good to go.

When do you get to weight train?

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja

Repeat x 5

Beefkake31 is offline Member
    I'd never run for cardio if your goal is fat loss.

~SC~
    What did you mean by that Swole? Can you elaborate a little further, I think I know where you were going with that but im not 100% sure.

xenithon is offline Member
    I aint SC but he is most likely referring to the fact that running gets the HR much higher than the fat burning zone. You want to keep the HR at about 65-70% when doing cardio for fat loss, whereas running can easily get it up to 80-85%.

X

Receiver84 is offline Associate Member
    Why would 60-65% burn more fat then 80-85%?

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    80-85 starts to use muscle for energy from what i understand.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    When do you get to weight train?

~SC~

I don't need to weight train, i got good genetics.

I weight train on Mon, Wed, Sat & Sun as i do not have school on those days but i keep the same schedule as far as getting up early etc...

This is my last week of school and i am done...peobably go to a M-F split with weekends off except maybe cardio.

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Receiver84
    Why would 60-65% burn more fat then 80-85%?
    I believe you can stay in the fat burning zone up to 75%, but its different for everyone...

Even though your heartrate is 85%MHR and your burning more calories does not mean that all those calories are fat calories.... you are subject to burning fat and muscle at the same time.

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    Im sorry but you dont HAVE to do cardio in the morning to cut plain and simple....myself and a few others at the gym have gotten down to 7% or less doing cardio late at nite or after a workout. Ronnie coleman does not do cardio in the morning on an empty stomach. After sleeping your body has been starving for quite some time why would you want to go even longer without food.

Doing cardio in the morning on an empty stomch might be the best way to do it, even though it hasnt been tested and proved.....But it is not a must when cutting. As long as your diet is perfect and training is good you will cut plain and simple whether you do cardio at night morning noon ......

TheJuicer is offline Member
    Ronnie Coleman doesnt do cardio in the morning on an empty stomach ...yeah but do you do high doses of HGH like Coleman??

I would like to address this, but I simply don't have time to re-hash it over and over again. (Main one being doing cardio after working out)

There are tons of threads about this and I've written a plethora of responses to all of the cardio debates and situational examples, etc. Most of that is housed in the Training Forum, so hopefully people are reading there as well.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by chuck89gt5.0
    Im sorry but you dont HAVE to do cardio in the morning to cut plain and simple....myself and a few others at the gym have gotten down to 7% or less doing cardio late at nite or after a workout. Ronnie coleman does not do cardio in the morning on an empty stomach. After sleeping your body has been starving for quite some time why would you want to go even longer without food.

Doing cardio in the morning on an empty stomch might be the best way to do it, even though it hasnt been tested and proved.....But it is not a must when cutting. As long as your diet is perfect and training is good you will cut plain and simple whether you do cardio at night morning noon ......

palumbo is offline Member
    it comes down to how bad do u want it we all have obstacles to overcome yours is early classes mine are 12 hour working shift etc if u want the results you will find a way to get up earlier and just put in the work

good luck

Thread Information