Thread: Why not CKD

kingmike1974 is offline Junior Member

Why not CKD

I have been busting my ass for 8 weeks with no cheats and gave in last night and wne ton a 5000 calorie feast. Other than bloddshot eyes this morning felt preaty good. I have a friend who has been doing CKD for 13 weeks and he has lost only 1 pound of mass and lost 17 pounds of fat. He only does 5 cardio sessions a week and lifts twice a week and from Satruday night to Sunday night he consumes 10k calories or more of garbage. Why should I bust my A$# with two a days and no cheating when I can do this and eat bacon and butter with cream cheese and stuff all week and then drop a calorie bomb for a day. Can someone answer this.

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Cause you might be setting yourself up for health problems down the road buddy

The American Institute for Cancer Research has also evaluated the Atkins' diet and their assessment is quite alarming. They say that the high-protein, high-fat, low-carbohydrate Atkins diet tends to promote the loss of water weight, and that if such an imbalanced diet is maintained, the body soon reverts to the fasting state of ketosis, in which the body begins to break down muscle tissue instead of fat over the long term.

Over an extended period of time, the Atkins diet can give rise to other health risks, as well. By restricting carbohydrates, all four diets inevitably lead to a lack of fiber, which can cause constipation and other gastrointestinal difficulties. In addition, the high amounts of cholesterol and saturated fat they prescribe increase the risk of heart disease and, possibly, some cancers. There is recent evidence that a diet featuring excessive protein may leach calcium from the bones (giving rise to osteoporosis).

Finally, nothing about the Atkins diet encourages the dieter to learn some very basic weight management strategies like portion control and serving sizes, let alone develop the skills necessary for a lifetime of balanced nutrition.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    8 weeks with no cheat is too long bro, make it once a week, remember its not only fun but its used to keep your metabolism in high gear

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Quote Originally Posted by kingmike1974
    He only does 5 cardio sessions a week and lifts twice a week
    I guarantee you he lost more muscle mass and less fat then you think

kingmike1974 is offline Junior Member
    When you say cheat do you mean eat what I want,cheat meal or what. I think I am heading down to get a huge pizza and ice cream right now becasue I want it, not because I need it.

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    When you say cheat do you mean eat what I want,cheat meal or what. I think I am heading down to get a huge pizza and ice cream right now becasue I want it, not because I need it.
    thats what a cheat meal is bud

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger

A huge pizza and ice cream? Hell son, is that all?

Thread Information