Thread: carbs in a day?

diesel21 is offline Member

carbs in a day?

i know, i hate the ? too...

1. well i always here a min of 100carbs a day (which is nothing) for your brain... how true is this?

2. also, does it matter if you had all the carbs later in the day (postworkout meals), or will your brain not fuction to max capability?

just need to know these answers, wanna make sure i don't loose any more of my mind, lol

low gi carbs in the AM (oats) and dextrose with your pw shake. That's it if you are not bulking.

xenithon is offline Member
    low gi carbs in the AM (oats) and dextrose with your pw shake. That's it if you are not bulking.
    I couldn't disagree more. So many people are **** SCARED of carbs for some reason. Atkins must be scaring them in their nightmares

Carbs are not evil. I suggest at least 1.5g/lbs bodyweight if maintaining. That should obvioulsy go up if bulking or down if cutting (I would say 0.75-1g/lbs if cutting, unless it is for a competition in which case you may go lower). Carbs are MUSCLE SPARING and do NOT cause you to get fat! You can get lean very well without having to endure carb-less days! Just make sure it is good, clean, low GI carbs (except for PWO) and you are good to go. If you are inactive in the evening I would start cutting them down from the late afternoon so that the last 1-3 meals don't have much carb (except maybe from fibrous veg).

X

diesel21 is offline Member
    hmmm.. thanx for all the info.. i knew all that already... not what i asked though..... i'm worried about the minimum u should have... meaning its ok only to have for post workout meals only and will it effect your brain in anyway.....

Thread Information