newbrew is offline Senior Member

2200 calories enough while cutting?

According to the cutting sticky, the total amount of intake while cutting is 2200 calories...is this enough? doesnt seem like it

assume 200 pound male at 15% BF

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i dunno... i kan cut at about 3kcal and im not much bigger then that ...

diesel21 is offline Member
    depends on a couple things, your metabolism, daily activity, bla bla bla,,, a lot actually

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by newbrew
    According to the cutting sticky, the total amount of intake while cutting is 2200 calories...is this enough? doesnt seem like it

Well, what would you propose and why?

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Well, what would you propose and why?

~SC~
    Not knocking it, just want to make sure before I take over 1000 calories off my diet. I guess I am making sure I am reading and calculating everything correctly. I'd hate to jump into such a drastic change and end up losing muscle, ya know? If 2200 is correct, then tomorrow is probably the day I start my diet

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by newbrew
    Not knocking it, just want to make sure before I take over 1000 calories off my diet. I guess I am making sure I am reading and calculating everything correctly. I'd hate to jump into such a drastic change and end up losing muscle, ya know? If 2200 is correct, then tomorrow is probably the day I start my diet
    As long as your diet is pretty much like the cutting sticky and your cardio is kept at 60-75 of your MHR muscle loss should not be a problem

Also, if 2200 calories is below your maintance level, will you lose weight? My BMR is like 1900, add in activity level and such, and its closer to 3000. Or does the use of an AAS counteract actual weight loss? Just seems like I am burning more calories than is going in

xenithon is offline Member
    No matter what any sticky or calculator says, it can never account for individual differences and lifestyles. Some 200lbs'ers can cut on 3k cal, some had to drop to 2k cal, it all depends on so many factors. That is why it is important to calculate YOUR maintenance level and work from there. Use the sticky and other calculators only as guidelines. In any case, never just drop 1000 cals simply because you read it somewhere - always decrease it gradually, by dropping 1-200 cals per day and sticking to it for a week to see what your weight does. If nothing, drop some more and continue until you reach a desired level of fat/weight loss eg. 1lbs/week and stick to it.

X

Thread Information