Brazy is offline Junior Member

question for the educated regarding PWO crashing

ok, so i've been training for 3 years. during this 3 years, i have eaten everything under the sun PWO.. soy, whey, water, nothing, bacon, cheese, rice, dextrose, milk etc etc.

approx 20-30 minutes after a workout, wheater its long duration cardio or weight training i can fall DEAD on my face and sleep the rest of the life away. everything becomes so hard, my mind slowls right now. and ALL i can think about is going to bed.

i eat a solid meal within 30min of training.. approx 2-3 hours after training i start to wake up. during this time i am yawning, tears rolling down my eyes.. again i just wanna drop dead and sleep.

now i figure this has something to do with my blood sugar, but i cant figure out what or why!

i have my shake with whey/dex.. i've even had it mixed with malodextrin.. and i've eaten meals 10mins after, 30mins after...

and i mean NOTHING.. absolutly NOTHING has changed this.

and as far as i know. exercise is suppose to give you energy. not want you to die.

whats up?

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    maybe you need to be looking at your dietary approach the rest of of the day....... try posting your diet for the entire day and maybe some experienced bros could break it down for you

Brazy is offline Junior Member
    i do not see how the rest of my diet matters... because after 2hrs PWO i am fine, i am wide awake... even if i dont eat a meal after.. 2hrs after a workout im awake

this is something that has occured for 3 years. and i have eaten every possible combo's of food imaginable during this time.

im more than certain its got something to do with my blood sugar levels. like nothing can really fix it, its genetic how my body responds to it
    Last edited by Brazy; 03-02-2005 at 11:53 PM.

xenithon is offline Member
    I fear I will be flamed for this on this board but anyway.....try a low GI alternative to dex. I am NOT saying use oats, as those are still not ideal IMO (too much fat and fiber) but other high GI, more micro-nutrient dense foods may be worthwhile. These can include: white (even sticky) rice, white potato, pumpkin etc. And they taste good too in case you are scared of them tasting like ****. A whey protein and sticky rice pudding is delicious, and you will be surprised how good a shake (yes a shake ) with potato or pumpkin can be.

The only other thing I could suggest is not to gulp the PWO shake in one go, but sip it gradually over 15 minutes or so.

X

zuke is offline Member
    i am sure that someone will tell me this is wrong, but if works for me:

i drink half of a pwo shake before my workout. otherwise, i crash after about an hour into my workout. hey, it works for me...

zuke is offline Member
    oh yeah, and a metric but ton of aminos prior to working out...

Cry0smate is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by getbig888
    maybe you need to be looking at your dietary approach the rest of of the day....... try posting your diet for the entire day and maybe some experienced bros could break it down for you
    I think that this is a good idea. Could easily be a problem somewhere else that is causing the PWO problem.

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazy
    i do not see how the rest of my diet matters... because after 2hrs PWO i am fine, i am wide awake... even if i dont eat a meal after.. 2hrs after a workout im awake

this is something that has occured for 3 years. and i have eaten every possible combo's of food imaginable during this time.

im more than certain its got something to do with my blood sugar levels. like nothing can really fix it, its genetic how my body responds to it
    this could easily be the reason that you are crashing post workout... if you are not getting the appropriate nutrients throughout the day pre-workout and then you go and blast your body in the weight room then sure you are going to be tired or whatever post workout...

Thread Information