Maroubra is offline Junior Member

pwo meal = last meal of day question

Currently cutting, been debating whether my last meal of the day should be protien and low gi carbs or protein and fat. Typically a lean protein and carb would be consumed 1 hour after post workout shake, however; my workouts end at 9:30 pm. Should this last meal be protein and carbs or protein and fat before bed. Or should I have all three marconutients to slow absorption. Which is more important getting the low gi carbs in post workout meal or the fat to slow the aborption before sleep. Any who can drop some knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i have same ordeal w/ cardio in morning and resistance training late at night and i found that dex/whey in 2xServings of Skim Milk for PWOShake then fallow it 30-40min later w/small Pro/Fat meal like can'o'tuna w/ 1.5-2tbls flax prior to bed well help keep str/muscle and still keep the fat from storing

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    imo i think you should have the ppwo meal no matter what time of the day it is! You need carbs for your muscles and also as long as you take in some slow absorbing protein with this meal it should last you through the night.

Besides cassein, what else is a "slow absorbing protein". Could it be easier to have carbs, protein and some fat(flax)? Or would this be a negative while cutting? I dont think with just a protein and carb meal I could make it through the night.

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    nah.. i would never have a pro/fat/carb during cutting

Cry0smate is offline Member
    My last meal of the day is PPWO and I'm currently cutting and getting noticably leaner. I think alot depends on whether your dietary approach the rest of the day is perfect. That's why I left it up to Swole to put it together for me!

What exactly is your last meal? pwo=post work out, ppwo means what?

Post Post Workout or PWO 2. It's a pro/carb meal.

Cry0smate...Youve been getting good results(leaning) with your ppwo meal as your last meal before sleep as a carb/protein? Any hunger in the middle of the night??

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    if you workout late you need carbs late...so take your pwo meal to the gym then go home and eat some chicken and rice before bed. you'll be fine as long as everything else is in check.

Quote Originally Posted by Maroubra
    Cry0smate...Youve been getting good results(leaning) with your ppwo meal as your last meal before sleep as a carb/protein? Any hunger in the middle of the night??
    Yes. Great results thus far. No hunger problems to speak of in the night. I'm so **** woreout from my workout anyway, I sleep like a baby.

I usually have my pro/dex shake with me in the car, add water after the workout, drink it on the way home, eat my 2nd pro/carb meal, then go to bed shortly after.

need2Bbig is offline Associate Member
    5oz of lean steak when i can, otherwise a casien shake and two tablespoons of flax

Cry0smate, I'm in same situation, pwo shake in car. Used to have protein/fat before bed. Ill take your advice and switch to protein/carb ppwo as last meal. Appreciate the insight.

NP, glad it's helpful. I had asked this question a while back anyway

http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...d.php?t=144821

Thread Information