Britguy is offline Banned

2 simple questions...

1) if i do cardio on an empty stomach first thing, what should i have to eat after? a shake or some lean protein (not sure if i should be having carbs) im wanting to slash my bodyfat

2) if i do my cardio straight after my workout, is it ok to have dex with protein as my PWO nutrition?

Thanks

palumbo is offline Member
    dont konw what ur work schedule is but ideally on an empty stomach and not directly after cardio if at all possible and i go with a fat pro meal about 45 mnutes after u are done ur cardio in the morning

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    F/P like eggwhites and a yolkd or poteinw/flax after morning cardio to promote lipolyses and just dont do cardio after lifting SC says it will put you into a catabolic state rather quickely if i recall correctly.. of course i am usually wrong so eh..

i meant in the morning on an empty stomach my bad

Britguy is offline Banned

Thumbs up

currently doing f$#k all during day as im my own boss and stuff tends to run itself

basically your saying DONT do cardio after training and

have a pro/fat meal after cardio first thing?

that answers my question thanks guys :-)

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    well i like to wait a lil to eat after cardio but hey i dont think its all that critical..

cardio in the morning first thing on an empty stomach at 60 to 70% of max heart rate for 45 to an hour

then fat protein meal about 45 mintues later good luck

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    F/P like eggwhites and a yolkd or poteinw/flax after morning cardio to promote lipolyses and just dont do cardio after lifting SC says it will put you into a catabolic state rather quickely if i recall correctly.. of course i am usually wrong so eh..

The reason being, once you are done with your workout (lifting) your muscles are depleted of glycogen etc.. and are in need of nutrients and if you move onto aerobic activity such as cardio, what will your body have to use as energy when your muscles are already depleted from weight training? Thats right my friend, your body will call on muscle tissue for its energy source resulting in Catabolism (breakdown of muscle tissue).

It is best to seperate aerobic and anerobic activity by at least 6 hours (3 meals) hence the reason many including myself do AM cardio followed by PM lifting.

Thread Information