swing lo is offline Banned

What's the best PROTEIN SUPPLEMENT

Just want to know what to spend my money on and what not to as far as protein powder goes.

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    Nitro Tech is the best whey by far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but you need cell tech to get the full effects!!!!!!!! ha j/k there are many out there but the best quality whey imo opinion is isopure but it is a little pricey

BDTR is offline Retired

jordanfanatic23 is offline BANNED SCAMMING TRAITOR AKA LIL VITO AKA **TR LIVES 5 MINUTES FROM HIM.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbig888
    Nitro Tech is the best whey by far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but you need cell tech to get the full effects!!!!!!!! ha j/k there are many out there but the best quality whey imo opinion is isopure but it is a little pricey
    if you only knew how many people tell me that and aren't kidding.

peump is offline Senior Member
    i use optimum

BDTR is offline Retired
    I'm telling ya, solid muscle for the price is the best you can get.

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    solid muscle or optimum nutrition.
    i get ON 10lb choc.

FuTuReOFtheSPORT is offline New Member
    I get ON and muslce milk by cytosport, that stuff is the shyt

clubbinkid is offline Associate Member
    i might get blasted 4 saying this but at of all i have tasted and i drink them with water designer is the best tasting in my opinion

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    All The Whey Babay!

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    I'm an Optimum Nutrition fan as well. I want to try all the whey though.

I have some nasty tasting night formula from proteinfactory.com and Pro-Rated from Costco. Gonna try ATW next time. Question is...blend or isolate...pricey for isolate.

ATW Blend is heavenly! Oh man, too bad I have 10 lbs of this craptastic protein factory whey....WHORE-e-bell!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SplinterCell
    ATW Blend is heavenly! Oh man, too bad I have 10 lbs of this craptastic protein factory whey....WHORE-e-bell!!!

I can't wait....is it worth the extra money for ATW isolate vs. blend? What flava? Swole can't start talking about orange.

paul56 is offline Junior Member
    From my experience Muscle Milk tastes the best along with isopure but its too expensive, so now i go with ATW and solid whey.

newbrew is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanfanatic23
    if you only knew how many people tell me that and aren't kidding.
    Quote from supporting website:

"Jose

I've been lifting for a few years too I've tried 3 different proteins: Cytogainer..5+1..and Nitro Tech and Nitro Tech is by far the best out of the three. My bench went up 20lbs from lifting at school in a matter of 3 weeks. From the beginning of one of my quarters I weighed 150 and I went up to 175 by the end of the quarter. Its great stuff you can seriously feel it working a few hours after you take it. It really helps recovery way better than the other two that I've taken. It's worth the price."

haha.

smegs is offline Member
    anyone know why Interactive Iso Whey is SOO expensive? i mean it taste unreal, other than that...?

Quote Originally Posted by West Coast All Star
    I can't wait....is it worth the extra money for ATW isolate vs. blend? What flava? Swole can't start talking about orange.
    Orange definitly brotha! With my cutting diet I have a diet soda like every week but other than that it's just water so when it comes time for post workout....24 oz of water, 40 g's of orange ATW and 80 g's of dextrose = a taste better than pussay

diesel21 is offline Member
    ON as far as i know

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    everything that you see advertised in mags is complete crap. Beverly Int. or champion nutrition is the whey to go. Its been tested far superior to all that other crap.

-SHRED

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    I luv ON's. Best protien IMO.

smegs is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SplinterCell
    Orange definitly brotha! With my cutting diet I have a diet soda like every week but other than that it's just water so when it comes time for post workout....24 oz of water, 40 g's of orange ATW and 80 g's of dextrose = a taste better than pussay
    impossible

NEWKILLA is offline Junior Member
    nothing tastes that good,

oh yea protien that was the topic,LoL

i just picked up some 34g - 240 calorie stuff--somewhere between drinkable and OK

nothing great but its good for the in-between meals i miss at work

peace
    Last edited by NEWKILLA; 03-05-2005 at 05:39 PM.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    The protein that tastes best is by far muscle milk strawberry banana or cookies and cream. But it is far from the best over all protein supp. I can seem to drink it and not get fat though, so I have no worries.

EatRite is offline Senior Member
    "Best protein" is relative to what your goals are... everybody above has their oppinions on what is best for them... i'll give you a quick rundown......

Whey protein: great protein for postworkout and in the morning because it is very fast absorbing, and it has high ratios of bcaa's... it is not so good at night or if you arent planning to eat within the next few hours because it only stays available to your body for about 2 to 3 hours...

Meal Replacement Powders (MRP's): Are good between meals because they have multiple forms of protein... different forms of protein absorbe in different time frames, so if there are multiple different proteins they will absorbe in sort of a timed release fassion... make sure the one you get has whey or egg protein plus milk protein or any form of casien protein... just make sure that the meal replacement ahs more than 2 or 3 kinds of protein in it... some good mrp's are MHP's MASS... it has low G.I. carbs, healthy fats (omega3,6,9 and CLA)... and 4 dif. kinds of protein absorbing in dif rates... it also has some fiber... if you are looking for lower calorie mrp's go with myoplex original or delux (delux has a similar protein matrix, but has some healthy fats in it)... or instone's new product which has a great protein matrix as well as healthy fats....

Egg Protein: good if whey upsets your stomach or gives you gas... it absorbes fast, but not as fast as whey and is available for a little longer than whey is in your body...

milk protein: is slower absorbing so is good pre bed, or whenever you know you will not consume food for a while...

Casien proteins: are very slow absorbing and are not available for about 3 hours to your body, but are available for 5 to 6 hours after you consume it... so it is very good to mix with whey before bedtime because you will stay anabolic for a longer period of time...

Soy Protein: is a waste of money for weight gain... your body cant use more than 50% of it max because it sits in your stomach for a long time and degrades... it gives you a feeling of setiety for a long period of time, which is good if you are trying to lose weight, but not good if you are trying to gain weight... it curbs hunger a little for longer than most proteins simply because it fills you up for longer.... STAY AWAY FROM IT... it does have high concentrations of Argenine though...
    Now for the dif. Brands...
    Optimum is a low quality protein... it consists of primarily whey concentrate... the thing is with protein powders, the FDA does not regulate which protein source is listed first on the ingredients... so this means that if whey concentrate is listed first i could actually only be 10% of the protein source... insted of the majority of the protein...

optimum is not primarily whey concentrate... it mixes well but is not the highest quality...

100% whey protein isolate is the highest quality... the thing is though, if you arent workout out at 100% capacity and pushing your body to the limit it really doesnt make too much of a difference... if you are working over 90% capacity then you should go with isopure or anything that is only whey isolate... isopure mixes well, and is kinda pricey, but you can get it for cheap if you look around...

designer protein simply sucks... nitro tech sucks worse, GNC protein with the exception of mega isolate absolutely sucks... stick with mega isolate (if you shop at gnc), or isopure, or anythign that is 100% isolate if you want the highest quality...

ps... muscle milk is great before bedtime if you are trying to gain weight because it has a lot of casien protein and has lots of fats... healthy fats as well as MCT's which are used by the body as fuel different than most fats.......... plus it tastes good

jordanfanatic23 is offline BANNED SCAMMING TRAITOR AKA LIL VITO AKA **TR LIVES 5 MINUTES FROM HIM.
    anyone think muscle milk is worth the money? I mean 27 bucks for 2 and a half pounds is pretty pricey considering you have to use 4 scoops per shake.

it has a lot of fats in it which are good prebedtime and it has casien protein... plus it is very good tasting... dude if ur getting it for 27 bucks you're getting ripped off... u can get it for much cheaper than that....

PM me and tell me where I can get it cheaper then.

Meso is offline Junior Member
    anyone try trueprotien.com they let you customize your own mix
    I just ordered some for a night time mix and durring the day....

25% Hydrolyzed Casein
    10% Calcium Caseinate
    30% Micellar Casein
    10% Milk Protein Isolate
    25% Egg White Protein
    Last edited by Meso; 03-06-2005 at 02:23 AM.

I like ON(Optimum Nutrition) the best, however for a nice treat or good flavor once in awhile I like the Ultramet packets, I would drink these anytime, even if I didnt work out, they taste that GD good

doublewide is offline Associate Member
    I just bought some Isopure Zero Carb and love it. I bought Alpine Punch and it is just delicious. I just mix it with water. Mixes with a spoon very easily. I think I got it online for $33 which included shipping. Not the cheapest but I am sticking with this.

tie
    tie is offline Junior Member
    What about Dymatise? No one else likes their Double Chocolate?
    Tie

Angelis is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Meso
    anyone try trueprotien.com they let you customize your own mix
    I just ordered some for a night time mix and durring the day....

25% Hydrolyzed Casein
    10% Calcium Caseinate
    30% Micellar Casein
    10% Milk Protein Isolate
    25% Egg White Protein
    Yeah I seen this site before but I didnt know if it was a scam or not... if anyone has any insight that would be great bcs it would be a perfect place to make ur shakes into powders before you buy... have the glutamine and creatine premixed.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doublewide
    I just bought some Isopure Zero Carb and love it. I bought Alpine Punch and it is just delicious. I just mix it with water. Mixes with a spoon very easily. I think I got it online for $33 which included shipping. Not the cheapest but I am sticking with this.
    Ion exchange whey isolate isn't bad, but you need more than just that for a pro supp.

BrassBolt is offline New Member
    True Protien for me I know what I'm getting since I'm making my own .What the hell more do you need .

Meso is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelis
    Yeah I seen this site before but I didnt know if it was a scam or not... if anyone has any insight that would be great bcs it would be a perfect place to make ur shakes into powders before you buy... have the glutamine and creatine premixed.
    I dont think its a scam, but I kept my order small anyways. I've heard pretty good things about the site. Still trying to find the best mixes though.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    I like the light fluffy powder in all the whey. compared to some of the others. taste isnt great its just light flavored. I hit it up with splenda. I just ordered some egg white protein and night time formula from True Protein on recommendation from NSA on here. HE knows alot about protein from what i have read.

diesel21 is offline Member
    hmmm... good info... i never felt the way i felt with ON (it has to be a good supplement)... i'll have to look at the other stuff mentioned.. as far as isopure, i can only drink the bottled ones.. i gag when i mix the others

Thread Information