Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member

having a hard time eating in the morning

The title explains my problem. Every morning I get up my stomach is upset and it feel like I am going to throwup ever bite of food I eat, I also feel really gittery and hyper in the morning. Has anyone else had this problem, if so what did they do to fix it.

P.S. I am off cycle right now.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I've never felt jittery or hyper for no reason, no.

If you can't stomach food, I'd suggest drinking a shake at least.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I've never felt jittery or hyper for no reason, no.

If you can't stomach food, I'd suggest drinking a shake at least.

~SC~
    Yeah, thats what Ive been doing lately. My work schedule requires me to train in the morning so when I get up I would like to eat a big meal so I can have that bit of extra energy, but its not even possible. I guess for the time being, shakes it is.
    The funny thing is that on weekends when I dont work I get up and wait about an hour to eat, and my stomach feels fine. I think my stomach is upset right away in the morning because my body hasnt fully woken up yet and it still need time to adjust to being awake, could this be possible?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yes, that can be possible. I can't eat first thing either, but I usually do a few other things before my first meal.

~SC~

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Id forcefeed myself if I wernt hungry in the morning....but luckily Im always hungry

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Food is the FIRST thing i think about in the morning. How long before bed is your last meal and what does it usually consist of?

biggytalls is offline New Member
    Yulp have the same problem.. Been putting a cup of oats in my shake- better than nothing !!!!

HammerCurler is offline Associate Member
    I didn't even eat in the morning until I started working out a few months ago. Basically I force feed myself with egg whites and oatmeal (literally force feed - gag reflex going off each time I swallow, eyes watering)

Im the same, during the week before work I feel sick when I eat something so I have to stick with a shake and however much I can eat of whatever I choose for carbs or fat. Must be the thought of having to do some work that makes me wanna puke.

I think I figured it out, I was eating way too much before bed and Im talkig WAY too much, I wont go into detail but it was alot, so last night i tried just having a shake with flax and when I woke up I was good to go. Problem solved. I actually slept better too.

uttyler dude is offline Associate Member
    jmo but i think it has something to do with metabolism. when i was younger and not working out i never ate breakfast(for the same reason you don't) but once i started training i just snapped out of it. i would go to bed everynight thinking about eating the next day. i am glad you figured it out bro.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by HammerCurler
    I didn't even eat in the morning until I started working out a few months ago. Basically I force feed myself with egg whites and oatmeal (literally force feed - gag reflex going off each time I swallow, eyes watering)

C'mon, how can it be that bad?

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Testsubject
    The title explains my problem. Every morning I get up my stomach is upset and it feel like I am going to throwup ever bite of food I eat, I also feel really gittery and hyper in the morning. Has anyone else had this problem, if so what did they do to fix it.

I had this same problem a few years back minus the being hyper and gittery. I think it takes time to get rid of the problem. Eventually I could a eat a sh*t load for breakfast. I eat 1000 calorie breakfast now.

-SHRED

Quote Originally Posted by dr.shred
    I had this same problem a few years back minus the being hyper and gittery. I think it takes time to get rid of the problem. Eventually I could a eat a sh*t load for breakfast. I eat 1000 calorie breakfast now.

-SHRED
    What did you do while you had this prob, would you just eat as much as you could an eventually you got over it ?

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    i feel the same way...eating a ton of plain eggs then drinkin a ton of oatmeal...i hurled up everytihng last week too actually...i try to water it all down

NEWKILLA is offline Junior Member
    all of you said the same thing , B4 I GO TO WORK!!!

maybe work sucks and its stressing you out, i was the same

for a long as time, then i switched jobs and i can eat anytime

prolly stoopid but ya never know

peace

KILLLLLLAAAAAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by NEWKILLA
    all of you said the same thing , B4 I GO TO WORK!!!

maybe work sucks and its stressing you out, i was the same

for a long as time, then i switched jobs and i can eat anytime

prolly stoopid but ya never know

peace

KILLLLLLAAAAAAAA
    I wouldnt say its that stupid, I never have a problem on my days off from work. Perhaps I should get up early on my days off and try to eat about the time I would eat if I was getting ready for work. Maybe help if I got used to eating at that time ?

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Testsubject

i find it hard in the mornings also. I only have a bit toast or small bowl of cereal. But by about 11am I hit the food big time and just eat loads of good stuff and a shake.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    I have a similar problem, and am actually going to the doc this thursday about it. The symptoms have been really bad lately. I have been nautious in the morning, even to the point of throwing up, when there is nothing in my stomach. I find it goes away after a while. Usually I manage a shake down first thing though.

EatRite is offline Senior Member
    try eating sweet cold things in the morning... such as oranges or fruits... and take 40 g whey protein... also try eating a big meal before bed, assuming you are trying to gain weight... eat a huge meal before bed, you will wake up hungrier... if you are trying to stay somewhat lean... eat an orange or a piece of fruit before bed with your protein shake or protein meal beforebed... this tends to increase hunger.... or you could drink a glass of apple juice 45 min's to an hour before breakfast... so wake up, drink 8 to 10 oz of juice and 20 g whey protein... this will spike up ur insulin levels and when they start to fall back down you will get hungry and will be able to eat food..........

Quote Originally Posted by EatRite
    try eating sweet cold things in the morning... such as oranges or fruits... and take 40 g whey protein... also try eating a big meal before bed, assuming you are trying to gain weight... eat a huge meal before bed, you will wake up hungrier... if you are trying to stay somewhat lean... eat an orange or a piece of fruit before bed with your protein shake or protein meal beforebed... this tends to increase hunger.... or you could drink a glass of apple juice 45 min's to an hour before breakfast... so wake up, drink 8 to 10 oz of juice and 20 g whey protein... this will spike up ur insulin levels and when they start to fall back down you will get hungry and will be able to eat food..........
    Thanks for that, I'll give that a try.

pyschomab is offline Associate Member
    im having this same problem but this cold fruits thing sounds like it might just do the trick and i will do it!!!!

clancywiggum is offline Junior Member
    just something i learned in school: feeling jittery first thing in the morning is a cardinal sign of either overtraining or depression....

Thread Information