BrownBomber is offline Member

Cardio and Diet Question...Kinda O/T

Fellas,

We all know cardio is best 1st thing in the morning. And I assume that most of us wait 30-60 minutes AFTER your cardio session to burn the xtra fat calories.

While this may be ideal while cutting, is this the best way to go while trying to gain muscle?

Thanks
    BB

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownBomber
    Fellas,

We all know cardio is best 1st thing in the morning. And I assume that most of us wait 30-60 minutes AFTER your cardio session to burn the xtra fat calories.

While this may be ideal while cutting, is this the best way to go while trying to gain muscle?

Thanks
    BB

If you want to do cardio while trying to build muscle I would keep the sessions very short (20-30 minutes) and only do them 2-3 times a week. I usually don't do any cardio while trying to gain lean mass.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    yeah agreed no cardio for gaining muscle ... you wont need it if your diet is clean

Agreed. However, one tiny bit of info I forgot to give you is that I will be using Insulin . Ive read a while back when I started my Slin research that the best way to keep fat to a minimum is to do cardio. But thats all I remember from that thread

I also tend to gain fat even if my diet is on point. Ive always been a bit chubby.

Thanks for your input guys
    BB

Look to put on muscle you have to eat excess calories you burn thus you induce fat storage...
    To burn fat you must Utilize more calories than you take in ... and you will loose muscle regardless of how minuscule it maybe.. its calorie in vs calorie out plain and simple

If theres one thing Ive learned from this board its that WHEN you eat something is only 2nd to WHAT you eat. I've been able to gain muscle by eating under my caloric maintnence. Sound crazy? Hell ya, but its the truth.....Cal in VS. Cal out is long gone.

Back to the original topic.........So no one here does cardio while bulking?

Thanks
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBomber
    Cal in VS. Cal out is long gone.
    true to the point it deals w/ insuline levels and GI nowdays ><

Thread Information