bRKBEATz is offline Junior Member

Eating unhealthy OK?

I'm 24 years old and I have been working out for about a year and reading this site every day. I have an incredibly hard time gaining weight and although I have made some gains over the past year, I really want to bulk up a lot more. I've heard some people on this site say that for people who have a very hard time gaining it's OK to eat unhealthy just to get the extra calories needed to gain weight. I've also heard a lot of pople say this isn't true.

I want to know if eating high calorie (junk) foods could benefit me, and if so, to what extent should I eat them. If I still get enough protein and carbs, could it be good if I eat some fast food, whole milk, sandwich with mayonaise, or something of that nature just to get extra calories?

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    bad idea bro. If want to gain solid mass you need to eat more "good" food. If you want to gain s*it mass eat unhealthy. Both ways you will gain. Increase the cals, complex carbs, 8 meals a day and there is no way you will not be able to gain.

bRKBEATz is offline Junior Member
    I seriously don't think I can eat that much food. I eat near the point of throwing up and I stuff myself as much as possible every day, but I want to get more calories.

I know eating more healthy foods is the best option, but if it's not possible should I eat junk foods for more calories or just stick with as much as I can eat of healthy food.

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    try a weight gainner with low sugar for extra cals

TheOneTheOnly is offline New Member
    Man its all in your diet in my opinion, I ate poorly for the first 3 weeks of my cycle and now I'm on a super strict diet and its day and night man. Like Shred said try to get 8 quality meals a day. Good luck.

LittleNate is offline Junior Member
    Eat more of the good foods. Just stay away from fast food garbage. Also drink a lot of water. That will help u digest all that food.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    use high calorie foods like peanut butter and beef to get those calories...they are much healthier and your body can utilize them better for your needs. also even though prolab's lean mass matrix is pricey, it adds 400 cals, 40g protein, 40g non sugary complex carbs and 8g EFA type fats. There is a good amount of fiber and no soy proteins too. Seems like the best MRP on the market.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Peanut butter!!!!! 1 jar a day. Drink Olive oil eat beefjerky, Eat Soy Nuts, fat FreeCottage Cheese, Avacados, and All possible Meats and eat a garden of veggies a day. If push comes to shove.. start hunting down your neighbors dogs and eating them at night...

Thread Information