BiggerBri2002 is offline Senior Member

PM Cardio and Meals

Hi,

I know I will get the usual...don't do PM Cardio after your weights, but I really don't have a choice. I am currently doing weights in the AM (around 8:00) followed by PWO shake, then pro/fat meal about 60-90 mins later, then 4 hours of fast, then cardio around 4 or 430 for about 30-45 mins. Reason I am doing this is because my gym gets so **** crowded in the PM in the weight room that u can even move. So I choose to do Cardio in the PM.

Should I follow my cardio with a Pro/Fat or Pro/Carb meal?

This Cardio thing is driving me crazy...half you guys say MORNING ONLY , other say it doesn't matter.

In the end, I guess its what works for me the best.....???

uttyler dude is offline Associate Member
    bigger, i have been doing pm cardio for the last 3 weeks and have dropped 10lbs. i know that morning cardio is supposed to be the best but i try not to eat for 2 or 3 hrs before i do cardio and it seems to be working...i go with a pro/fat meal mainly because i hit up the cardio around 10pm and i am cutting evening carbs.

Uttyler...glad it seems to be working for you. I just had my pro/fat meal with my tuna and flax and mayo...yummy.

I am going to try this over the next several weeks and see how it goes...never tried it before.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    if you consume a pro/fat meal 2-3hours pre cardio then you will still burn a good amount of fat....will it be better than the morning cardio possibly not, but in the end if it works but takes a bit longer to achieve your goals than do it.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    shouldnt his PPWO consist of P/C instead of P/F?
    and PostCardio be P/F?
    if all else fails just do PWO Cardio for about 20-30min at about 55%MHR since your depleted of your Glycogen and have Pro/Fat left for fuel .. and your not like sprinting to incorp protein for fuel.. unless your in ketosis there wont be much fat burning after cardio anyways so try to burn that 300-400 cals w/ PWO Cardio in about 25min or so and consume your usual PWO Shake and PPWO

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    whats the point in doing cardio if you are going to take 80 grams of dextrose after your done???

because the calories you burn while doing cardio are comming from fat, the dextrose that you take in pwo will be utilized in the transportation of protein and nutrients to the muscles so your still burning fat and feeding muscles and you get a metabolic increase from the resistance training ... thats the point
    you lift you burn 700+ calories not much fat though you run lightly for 20 burn 300 calories almost all fat you eat protein/dex thats about 450+ cals that are consumed from the 700burned from lifting still have happy muscles and calorie deficite for getting lean .. NEAT EH?

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    because the calories you burn while doing cardio are comming from fat, the dextrose that you take in pwo will be utilized in the transportation of protein and nutrients to the muscles so your still burning fat and feeding muscles and you get a metabolic increase from the resistance training ... thats the point
    you lift you burn 700+ calories not much fat though you run lightly for 20 burn 300 calories almost all fat you eat protein/dex thats about 450+ cals that are consumed from the 700burned from lifting still have happy muscles and calorie deficite for getting lean .. NEAT EH?

Where are you getting this from? makes no sense to me, but what do i know?

what you mean it makes no sense... i got alot of this from ciminars i attended when i was huge into personal training.. you do anaerobic activity you burn carbs of course and moderate amounts of protein/fat depending on intensity... when depleted of glycogen you have 2 sources left.. prot/fat depending on activity/duration/and your health determines which source your body will utilize. 55%MHR Cardio after lifting will not impinge on protein for fuel which means it uses mostly fat so all calories u burn while doing this cardio will be FatCals.

ok, well how long after cardio do you take in your pwo shake. seems to that you would miss the "window of oppurtunity". Oh well, i am more worried about muscle that fat, plus i have no problem with morning cardio.

Window is 45-1hr cardio shudnt exceed 25 min so immediatly fallowing cardio take drink

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    Window is 45-1hr cardio shudnt exceed 25 min so immediatly fallowing cardio take drink
    What the heck does that mean...you say 45mins to hour but not to exceed 25 min....huh

Anyway...for now I am going to stick with the PM cardio after a 3-4 hour fast...I did it yesterday and it made me feel great. Now I just have to see if I burn fat.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    What sucks is that you are doing cardio when you are in a state of repair for the muscle you have just worked earlier that a.m. All those pwo meals, nutrients, etc., are being ingested and you need to "CHILL" and let them do their work. Doing cardio that evening is the LAST thing I would do.

Sorry, but that's real. Good luck to you.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by BiggerBri2002
    What the heck does that mean...you say 45mins to hour but not to exceed 25 min....huh

Anyway...for now I am going to stick with the PM cardio after a 3-4 hour fast...I did it yesterday and it made me feel great. Now I just have to see if I burn fat.
    means that the window for PWO Nutritional consumption is approx 45 min but i wouldnt suggest doing PWO Cardio w/ an exceeding duration of 25 min yes im working on my literature composition just for AR

What is the opinion of doing cardio first in the AM, followed by weights???

Swole I understand what you are saying...but if pressed what would be your second option if you could not do cardio in AM and weights PM?

Look if your going to do cardio and you want the most out of it do a SMALL Session at a LOW intensity PWO before PWO Shake consumption..
    and cardio AM on empty and weights PM is the BEST BEST BEST BES!! way to go :*(

EDIT: if you do cardio right before lifting you might as well not lift ><
    Use that Glycogen for the lifting and the Fat for PWO Cardio

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    This thread is all over the place.

Why can you not do AM cardio?

even if you can't do AM cardio dont do it pwo

Let's call this thread...dead

I understand AM cardio is the best way. I will try to incorporate it into my schedule 3-4 days a week

Quote Originally Posted by getbig888
    even if you can't do AM cardio dont do it pwo
    Man i have been to several ciminars that advocate PWO Cardio, hell even the one that hosted by Tom Platz =/ if you are trying to get lean by anymeans PWO Cardio is > no cardio at all. If you are striclty trying to mass its going to seriously dampen your gains but it is feasable to gain quality mass and still do small sessions of PWO cardio ~2-3x a week (it will just take you hella lot longer). Overall diet will dictate 3/4's of your gains if it be leaness or mass.

yea it is better than no cardio if you are not worried about losing muscle, but i would find some other time to cardio other than pwo!

if you workout at 2:00 pm go through proper pwo supplementation and meals and then have a pro/fat meal around 7:15 or so and then cardio around 10:00 pm then pro/fat meal before bed at 11:30.

wtf cardio at 10 **** LOL hardcore man .. hard core
    i get up at like asdf!~ but the point of PWO cardio is to get lean, which is the WHOLE purpose of cardio to begin with .. if you are trying to put on ANY muscle at all i would digress against doing a lick of cardio vascular training unless your stamina is so bad you cant complete and entire session of Resistance training.

I didnt do any cardio during my last cycle and really bulked up nicely. Just trying to lean out now...not too much but a good 10-20 lbs.

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    Im in the same situation and have experienced fat loss from pwo cardio But I do it for around 55-60 mins at around 65% mx hrt rate. Havent lost any LBM yet but if I do I will slow it down to 55% max hrt rate. Tailboxa when you reccomend 55% is it almost a sure fire bet that you will be burning protein and muscle if going higher than 55%?

The thing is Im not focusing on gainning mass right now JUST cutting fat while trying to retain as much mass as possible.

If you are going to use this route BiggerBri then I suggest that you shouldnt expect much if any mass gain at all while trying to do pwo cardio.

Just because you cant expect to use the nutrients as efficiently if doing cardio right after.

Quote Originally Posted by getbig888
    yea it is better than no cardio if you are not worried about losing muscle, but i would find some other time to cardio other than pwo!

if you workout at 2:00 pm go through proper pwo supplementation and meals and then have a pro/fat meal around 7:15 or so and then cardio around 10:00 pm then pro/fat meal before bed at 11:30.

Dude..did you read my post in the beggining...That is what I was going to do...AM workout and then cardio at 4:30 after pro/fat meal around 12:30

OK..so in the end...should I do PWO cardio Or is it better to do pre workout cardio

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    Tailboxa when you reccomend 55% is it almost a sure fire bet that you will be burning protein and muscle if going higher than 55%?
    hell some people do just fine going 75%MHR
    David=Mr.Oklahoma did PWO cardio for 20min 3x a week and was a solid 212 at 5'5 (all nat at this time, later he started usin gear)
    it was always pwo cardio because he said well i used my evil sugar for a lifting boost time to use my evil fat for cardio fun!
    but keep in mind if you lift for like 75min cortisol is bad muscle might be more prone to being used for fuel

OK..so in the end...should I do PWO cardio Or is it better to do pre workout cardio
    wtf PRE WORK OUT CARDIO !
    thats like spanking it first then doing some chick and YOUR TRYING TO GET HER PREGNANT...
    hard to do when your juiceless

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    No worries on the cortisol I am using 7oh its what 7 oxo dhea converts to takes care of cortisol so well that it even makes my joints hurt.

So...I should do light cardio PWO...but should I have my PWO shake before my cardio?

So...I should do light cardio PWO...but should I have my PWO shake before my cardio?
    PWO SHake = Sugars = GLycogen = no point in cardio..
    cardio will be most effective when you are depleted of your glyc.
    so take shake right after cardio, n' cardio should be RIGHT AFTER lifting like mebee 3 sec transition?

Thread Information