JuicedINmd is offline New Member

Need Help Ironing out My Diet

Alright Fella's here the situation:

I used to be A Div-1 athlete, even cycled a few times with test, winny etc... I was in really great shape 2 years ago before I stropped playing sports. Last year I took a 5th year at school and my eligibility was up do you can guess what happened next. Little taste of freedom and I was off, drinking, smoking eating like **** basically turning myself into a fat ass. During my first 4 years I was never super lean but I was about 200-205 11-12% BF. Never that great but certainly better than what I am currently. I just got out of school in Jan 2005. And I'd estimate that I was 225 22-25% BF anywhere in that range, hadn’t lifted or ran in quite some time. So after being disgusted with myself I decided to start my diet on Jan 6th. So far I've lost 15lbs. Down to 210, not sure where my BF is but I’ve had to tighten the belt some. Basically I'm going with a simple approach, try and create a deficit of 7,000 cals per week to lose 2 lbs per week. However I know that I am doing something wrong and that I could be doing it better that why I ask your help. Right now this is my schedule:

9am- 30 Min Cardio
    10am - Pro/Carb or Pro/fat Breakfast
    1pm - Pro/Carb lunch
    5pm- Pro/Carb Snack
    7pm- Weight Lifting
    8pm- Pro/fat dinner

I've tried to limit the cals I intake to about 1,500 per day. Well that’s about it, so any of you guys have any thoughts about what I could do better? Thanks in advance!

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    that is 1000 calories a day!! that's WAAAYYYY too low!! What you have there is awful. Hold on and i'll try to fix it.....

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    9am - 45-60 Min Cardio
    meal 1 - Pro/fat OR Pro/low glycemic Carb (I perfer pro/fat)
    meal 2 - Pro/fat
    meal 3 - Pro/low glycemic Carb
    7pm - Weight Lifting
    meal 4 - Pro/dextrose (PWO)<-- high GI
    meal 5 - Pro/low glycemic Carb (PPWO)
    meal 6 - Pro/fat

and don't count calories...this isn't by no means set in stone but it is a hell of a lot better than what you got posted...make sure you eat the RIGHT KINDS of fats too. hope this helps....
    -fitness

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    2200 cals is good if ur doing resistance training and cardio

ironpumpindoc is offline Junior Member
    check out the sticky if you have not yet, also to a diet search, you will get a lot more info. figure out out your BMR + activity level, then subtract about 500 cals or so. Use fitday.com for a really good way to keep track of calories . . . it's free.

Thanks I am now using fit day and incorporating a few more meals and calories in my diet. But I have one more question, I realize this could be a tough one too but I've done so much reading the past few days that my head is spinning. I would really like to re-shape my body. I have already started seeing some good results and I am pleased. But after some research it seems as if possibly the best way to do so is purely through weight training. I have been reading some articles that mention that Cardio can be counter productive. I most likely will try and stick to zig zag type diet with 4 days of weight training. The question I have is, do cardio or cut it out? Any advice?

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JuicedINmd
    Thanks I am now using fit day and incorporating a few more meals and calories in my diet. But I have one more question, I realize this could be a tough one too but I've done so much reading the past few days that my head is spinning. I would really like to re-shape my body. I have already started seeing some good results and I am pleased. But after some research it seems as if possibly the best way to do so is purely through weight training. I have been reading some articles that mention that Cardio can be counter productive. I most likely will try and stick to zig zag type diet with 4 days of weight training. The question I have is, do cardio or cut it out? Any advice?
    DO CARDIO

Ok here's my revised workout, based upon what I've been reading in here and what I have tried to learn so far, let me know how close or far off I am:

Monday - Friday

8:30am- 30 Min of Cardio
    9:45- Pro/Carb Meal (Egg Whites and Oats)
    12pm- Pro/Carb
    2pm - Protein Shake
    4pm- Pro/fat
    7pm - Weight Lifting
    8pm- PWO Shake
    8:30pm- Pro/Carb
    9:30pm- Night Time Pro Shake

I have figured out that my BMR is about 2,100 kcal per day and my lifestyle is buring about another 900. Plus 450 for cardio and another 500 or so when lifting weights. SO thats about 4,00 burned per day, so I am trying to create a deficite of about 500 per day during the week, and I am following the Zig Zag pricipal and I will comsume roughly 500 more on the weekend to make sure i prevent muscle loss. I think I am close here, but I guess I'll see. Thanks in advance!

Thread Information