Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member

Cheap food ideas ??

Any1 got any cheap ways to get in calories, things like home made nutrition bars and stuff like that. I ask cos my missus is complaining that the shopping budget has nearly doubled since I started taking my training seriously.

I just said that I wanted to look good for her but failed to mention it was also for the benefit of every living female out there.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    usually the neighbors dogs and pets are a good starting place.. once those are gone you can move onto their children... .. or extend your hunting perimeter.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    I live off oats, milk, rice, protein powder, ground beef, and chicken.

I tried putting some oats in with my shakes but it wasnt to good. I also tried just eating rice on its own but that tasted like crap

smegs is offline Member
    tuna, oats, rice, chicken, protein powder, veggies - thats me 6 days a week

paul56 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical King
    Any1 got any cheap ways to get in calories, things like home made nutrition bars and stuff like that. I ask cos my missus is complaining that the shopping budget has nearly doubled since I started taking my training seriously.

I just said that I wanted to look good for her but failed to mention it was also for the benefit of every living female out there.
    BURGER KING......

HammerCurler is offline Associate Member
    I tried putting some oats in with my shakes but it wasnt to good. I also tried just eating rice on its own but that tasted like crap
    I'd say 75% of the stuff I force feed to myself every day tastes like crap, but I know it's going to gain me muscle so I eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by HammerCurler
    I'd say 75% of the stuff I force feed to myself every day tastes like crap, but I know it's going to gain me muscle so I eat it.
    Good point dude. I think im gonna invest in a hand blender so the oats dont just turn into slop at the bottom of my shakes

colossus1 is offline Member

oatmeal, brown rice, sweet patatoes are cheap as dirt. As for your meats ground beef, chicken breasts, tuna, etc.....buy them all in bulk.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Canned chicken, canned tuna, olive oil, natty PB, milk, rice

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    the thick chicken breast is dirt cheap. Buy a bottle of marinade to go with it so it won't be so bland. Nothing is cheaper than rice.

I just bought a sh1t load of pasta today for next to nothing, so im gonna make up a huge batch of sauce to go with it and portion it up then freeze some. Il do the same for sauce to go with my rice. Any suggestions ?

Thread Information