Brazy is offline Junior Member

am cardio and breakfast issues due to traveling time

ok, now i know its best to have a pro/fat meal after am fasted cardio. i am cutting and always do pro/carb because i just dont feel right otherwise/cant function as well.

since i no longer have a vehicle, i have to rely on the bus.. and it takes at least an hr to get home after the gym. would having a shake with flax on the bus be ok.. than have a pro/carb meal 1.5 hrs after be good?

im just wondering, because in the AM is when your body is most apt at effecient at dealing with carbs

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    I eat pro/carb after cardio... 45 min delay.......

You can mix your oats and whey in a shake, and drink it on the bus.... ...

Have your cake and eat it too!

i tried that once, and just about gagged.

thats a no go for me

after my cardio.. its basically 1.5 hrs till i get home

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazy
    i tried that once, and just about gagged.

thats a no go for me

after my cardio.. its basically 1.5 hrs till i get home
    blend it and its fantastic

Bingo............

i gagged.

can someone please answer my inital post please. i appreciate the advice, but id like my question answered.

the only real reason i am asking because i get so hungry, i've never felt so hungry before. its almost torture sitting through that for over an hour

It's perfectly fine IMO....

i just wasnt sure if having that pro/fat meal was going to effective how effectivly it will handle the carbs vs having them first thing

i just wasnt sure if having that pro/fat meal was going to effective how effectivly it will handle the carbs vs having them first thing
    I'm sure someone will have something to say about it, but not me, if you wait 2 hours til you eat it, I see nothing wrong with it....

I would just keep the carbs to that meal only, and PWO/PPWO....
    Last edited by Blown_SC; 03-13-2005 at 12:57 AM.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Have a pro/fat meal on the bus (like whey with pb, or tuna with mayo in tupperware, or a cup of cott. ch.), and a pro/carb meal when you get home

bor
    Pro/fat is the way to go after cardio because you're prolonging the fat burning that way

Yes, if you want to eat directly afterwards..... there is nothing wrong with waiting 40mins or so and downing a pro/carb meal........

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Just find a way to bring a carb/pro meal with you or a fat/pro meal w/you.

If you desire to change, you'll find a way, period.

No one can hand hold and do it for you. There are people here who work 14 hours a day and commute 2 hours a day, but they make it work.

~SC~

i come here asking a question for the people with more education than i. i was hoping to get a response from swole regarding my question.

i dont care what anyone elses does.

the way the bus schedule works alows for me to get in and out of the gym in 50 minutes, there i no microwave, place to eat, and im not allowed to eat on a bus.

i was asking a SIMPLE question and i dont get my answer

good grief

thanks for those who answered my question, i was hoping to get my question answered by sc.

bor
    ok, now i know its best to have a pro/fat meal after am fasted cardio. i am cutting and always do pro/carb because i just dont feel right otherwise/cant function as well.

since i no longer have a vehicle, i have to rely on the bus.. and it takes at least an hr to get home after the gym. would having a shake with flax on the bus be ok.. than have a pro/carb meal 1.5 hrs after be good?
    YES IT WOULD!

im just wondering, because in the AM is when your body is most apt at effecient at dealing with carbs

ok?

thanks bro i was just hoping to get sc's approval

xenithon is offline Member
    i was hoping to get a response from swole regarding my question. i dont care what anyone elses does.
    That there is the problem with this board. No offense to Swole - I have nothing but the utmost respect for you. The problem is that people around here couldn't give a **** about anyone else, no matter how long they have been here, their experience and expertise etc. There are many knowledgable and helpful people out there. It seems like in so many threads with questions, people answer brilliantly, but the posters seem to always judge it as if they know better and have an almost arrogant nature about them. But then SC answers and ONLY THEN are they satisfied, even if it is the identical answer to one someone gave before.

Once again I re-iterate, nothing agaist SC. It's the others around here who aren't getting the recognition and thanks they deserve (too many to mention really)

X

the only reason i wanted sc's input is because i dont know anyone else on these boards. i do not know there knowledge or experiance. i rarely come on this forum.

and last time i was on here regularly, sc and rambo were the ones with answers

i dont mean to offend anyone, i just wanted to be safe.. ie waiting for sc because i know he's the most educated.

thanks for the help bros, much appreciated nonetheless!!!

edit

just to clarify. when i said "i dont care what anyone elses does.".. i was referring to when swole said 'people 2hrs to work, work 14hrs a day etc.. they find a way to make it work'
    Last edited by Brazy; 03-13-2005 at 12:40 PM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Sorry you did not get "the" answer you were looking for from me.

I answered the best I could, because the fact is that we all have hinderances/hardships/etc., and our own problems to overcome.

We do just that, we overcome.

I don't know your daily situation enough to be able to "tell" you exactly what to do.

As well, your information is ALL OVER the place in regards to consistency. In your first post you say you can drink a shake on the bus (protein/fat) then later you comment, "I am not allowed to eat on the bus". Last I checked, by food they mean NO eating/drinking of any kind, so how you could have a shake on the bus, I've no idea.

As well, if I had to do it, I'd mix oats in my shake or make them in a seperate container and eat them cold/dry/hardened in a container on the bus w/a shake if I had to. If a shake is acceptable to be consumed on the bus, who the h*ll is going to see you throw a few quick bites of oatmeal in your mouth?
    I've eaten a footlong sandwich and a half a large pizza INSIDE a movie theater where "outside" food isn't allowed, and have done so many times.

Point is, it can be done, so get it done.

~SC~

HammerCurler is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Sorry you did not get "the" answer you were looking for from me.

I answered the best I could, because the fact is that we all have hinderances/hardships/etc., and our own problems to overcome.

We do just that, we overcome.

I don't know your daily situation enough to be able to "tell" you exactly what to do.

As well, your information is ALL OVER the place in regards to consistency. In your first post you say you can drink a shake on the bus (protein/fat) then later you comment, "I am not allowed to eat on the bus". Last I checked, by food they mean NO eating/drinking of any kind, so how you could have a shake on the bus, I've no idea.

As well, if I had to do it, I'd mix oats in my shake or make them in a seperate container and eat them cold/dry/hardened in a container on the bus w/a shake if I had to. If a shake is acceptable to be consumed on the bus, who the h*ll is going to see you throw a few quick bites of oatmeal in your mouth?
    I've eaten a footlong sandwich and a half a large pizza INSIDE a movie theater where "outside" food isn't allowed, and have done so many times.

Point is, it can be done, so get it done.

~SC~
    lol, you're **** right

Thread Information