Beast_03 is offline Junior Member

protein consumption per meal

Hey guys im just wondering if it would be a waste of protein to consume more than about 50g of protein per meal??... and also does the carb intake per meal matter, like would you use all 80g if u were to have 80g at one time?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    This is all case specific to an individual, his/her genetics, supplements being used, etc.

~SC~

i know it varies depending on ur own body but i was asking more in general... like im sure it doesnt vary anything like an extra 40g of protien for max intake between people... keeping in mind that im talking about people in the range of 160-231lbs and not some 290lb mr.Olympia

BDTR is offline Retired
    It depends on a lot of things.. weight, bodyfat, GEAR USAGE, genetics etc.. I for one can easilly handle a 100 gram protien meal, while others would piss out 60 grams of protien from it. You gotta learn what works for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    I for one can easilly handle a 100 gram protien meal, while others would piss out 60 grams of protien from it.
    LMAO!

ok, but how are u supposed to know how much u can consume... like i could eat 120g of protein in one meal but i dont see how i could determine how much of it im consuming... but for me at 6ft, 163lbs, 10-12%bf, and somewhat an ectomorph, would you say a likely max consumption of protein would be about 50-60g?

can you only consume a certain amount of carbs as well? or do you consume however much you eat?

colossus1 is offline Member
    bro..........what we are trying to say is........its trial and error. We cannot predict how your body will react.

Right.

You have to experiment with not only "amounts" of each macro, but those amounts in many different dietary schemes/approches. As well, when you factor in variable workout plans and/or cardio inclusion, they will again change.

You have to simply find what works for you. Follow the basics until you stall out, then you begin the real experimentation.

~SC~

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast_03
    LMAO!

ok, but how are u supposed to know how much u can consume... like i could eat 120g of protein in one meal but i dont see how i could determine how much of it im consuming... but for me at 6ft, 163lbs, 10-12%bf, and somewhat an ectomorph, would you say a likely max consumption of protein would be about 50-60g?

can you only consume a certain amount of carbs as well? or do you consume however much you eat?
    i am wondering this myself. how do you know what your max consumption of protein in a meal?? what are the signs that you are wasting protein?

Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    i am wondering this myself. how do you know what your max consumption of protein in a meal?? what are the signs that you are wasting protein?

do you really expect anybody to know what microscopic amount of protein is being wasted in your body? Why are you being so technical? You are making things a lot harder than they need to be bro.

BDTR is offline Retired
    The way i did it was simple, i took the minium i could while still gaining a decent amount of weight, then when it slowed, i uppd it. If i uppd it without any results then it was going to waste

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by colossus1
    do you really expect anybody to know what microscopic amount of protein is being wasted in your body? Why are you being so technical? You are making things a lot harder than they need to be bro.
    .... what i was trying to get at is, what are some of the "clues" that you have reached max prot. consumption. like for some its nasty farts and other whatever.. i know its not complicated

Show me a guy who measures protein wastage by the amount of gas he produces and ill show you a fool.

Didnt mean anthing personal bro. Im just saying....trial and error, trial and error, trial and error.

Quote Originally Posted by colossus1
    Show me a guy who measures protein wastage by the amount of gas he produces and ill show you a fool.
    LMFAO!!!!!

True that.......

~SC~

Thread Information