Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member

Natty Peanut Butter

This is actually a way to mix up some natural PB. It is not my idea, I also did a search and did not find this, this idea belongs to gsxxr. Yes, he cannot spell that well but he can come up with some ingenius ways to eat your flaxoil.

Pour out the bit of oil gathered on the top of your pb, then replace it with flaxoil. I just did this today, and flax has a nutty taste anyway, and I thought it should be put out for others to use. What a great tasting and healthy idea... Thanks gsxxr!

Meso

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    And by doing this how would you be able to get an accurate idea of how much you are eating??

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    And by doing this how would you be able to get an accurate idea of how much you are eating??
    If you want to supplement with flaxseed, then you can do that. This is a healthier way of obtaining natural fats while still enjoying your natty peanut butter. Do you think this is a bad idea?

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    IMO if you want to use Flax seed oil then use it separately....... just stir in the oil that comes with Natty PB and leave it be. It has EFA's in it already so why not let it be and use flax at a different point in the day. Plus like I said if you were to do that, you would never be able to measure out how much fat you were getting per tablespoon as you would have no idea how much is in each one.
    Last edited by LeanMeOut; 03-14-2005 at 02:35 PM.

niXon)( is offline Member
    Werd...and i've read you shouldnt mix different fats if you dont have to

Thats kinda funny, as gnc and other healthfood stores sell a peanut butter with flax in it??? I wander how they measure it out, and why they would mix them? Just a thought. It tastes pretty good too.

niXon)( is offline Member
    gnc also sucks dick...go buy their over priced garbage wont bother me, and they probably measure it out WHEN THEY MAKE IT, ALL 5000000 OF THEM FROM A MACHINE.

simplecanibus is offline Associate Member
    that's a great idea actually because the natty peanut butter has a very high omega 6 content. replacing it with flax is a great idea, i however don't because i use fish oil to get my omegas...flax oil doens't sit well in my system for some reason. if you don't want to replace it with flax you can replace the oil with olive oil, which i do, which has a much lower content of omega 6. great thread. not many people know about the benefits of this technique.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Natty peanut butter is a good source of healthy fats by itself. Why use flax also?

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    You are pouring out the healthy mono and poly unsaturated fats when you poor out the fat at the top. Saturated fat is solid at room temperature. That doesn't seperate.

Quote Originally Posted by niXon)(
    gnc also sucks dick...go buy their over priced garbage wont bother me, and they probably measure it out WHEN THEY MAKE IT, ALL 5000000 OF THEM FROM A MACHINE.
    Did they fire you or something? One of the workers didn't show you attention?

Quote Originally Posted by sooners04
    Natty peanut butter is a good source of healthy fats by itself. Why use flax also?
    you pour out the oil that builds up on the top to replace it with oil that has a lower omega 6 content. keeping a healthy ratio of omega 3's and 6's is important to everyone's diet, not just bodybuilders. flax is very high in omega 3's, but I myself use olive oil instead of flax because I also supplement with fish oil....not in my PB however. it's important to have a 1:1 ratio. if you eat too much PB you could throw you levels way out of balance. that's why many people opt to pour out the oil for another choice.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    Did they fire you or something? One of the workers didn't show you attention?

~SC~

EatRite is offline Senior Member
    in GNC's defense they have dropped their prices a lot in teh past month... go look... i get 7.5 lbs of isopure for 47 bucks... and with a goldcard you can get it for around 55... find that price anywhere else......................

secondly... meso was simply giving an idea on how to add flax to your diet without having to choke it down... he isnt forcing you to do it... it is just an idea, who cares if you dont think you wanna do it... then dont do it... and it isnt that hard to measure out how much you get... just put in x amount of tablespoons or servings of flax and mix it in,,, when you eat aprox. 10% of the jar you will know you got about 10% of the flax in the bottle, this may not be 100% accurate, but is one tenth of a serving that big of a deal??

and the reason you toss out the mono and poly penut butter fats is because they dont have omega three's, flax does... penut butter is only omega six... omega three is much better for you.....................

i think anybody on this board who's been lifting long enough knows they are being way over charged when they shop at gnc. no big deal. if you like it that's good, but it's a fact there's cheaper product just as good or better.

Quote Originally Posted by EatRite
    and the reason you toss out the mono and poly penut butter fats is because they dont have omega three's, flax does... penut butter is only omega six... omega three is much better for you.....................
    ok, I see, but it would be simpler to just buy walnut butter if you can find it. It has plenty of Omega 3's. Probaly cheaper than buying Pb and flax seed oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    ok, I see, but it would be simpler to just buy walnut butter if you can find it. It has plenty of Omega 3's. Probaly cheaper than buying Pb and flax seed oil.
    I researched that they also have almond butter. Nope more expensive. But now I might have to try each of these just to see what they taste like. Good looking out for other options.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    I researched that they also have almond butter. Nope more expensive. But now I might have to try each of these just to see what they taste like. Good looking out for other options.
    Walnut has alot more omega 3 than almond. Almond is the best tasting of all the nut butters though IMO.

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    i cant find almond or walnut butter anywhere!!

Quote Originally Posted by getbig888
    i cant find almond or walnut butter anywhere!!
    I live in a big city, there are tons of health food and etnic food stores. I don't have a problem finding anything food wise, but that is where you would find it. In a health food store.

Redz122 is offline Associate Member
    forget the natty peanut butter from smuckers or whatever, get Power Butter. has ALL omegas with actual flaxseeds and 32 g of protein from egg whites per serving( 2 tblspoons)

Quote Originally Posted by simplecanibus
    i think anybody on this board who's been lifting long enough knows they are being way over charged when they shop at gnc. no big deal. if you like it that's good, but it's a fact there's cheaper product just as good or better.

show me where you can get a 7.5 pound tub of isopure protein powder for cheaper than 47 bucks man...

you dont know a d@mn thing man... no offense...

they just lowered their prices 25% and with the GC its real f'n cheap... almost half off...

5 lb tub of Optimum Nutrition whey (ON's 100% whey)... with GC, 26 bucks... show me a better price (with shipping)...

walnut and almond butters are tough to find... id rather be lazy and just do it the flax way...

walnut and almond butters are tough to find... id rather be lazy and just do it the flax way...
    I could walk and get it. I love city life.

I could walk and get it. I love city life.
    haha... im at a school that is surrounded by cows... the only thing that we get here is milk... and i'm lactose intollerant... go figure...

how does walnut butter taste???

haha... im at a school that is surrounded by cows... the only thing that we get here is milk... and i'm lactose intollerant... go figure...

how does walnut butter taste???
    It's not bad, but it's nothing to write home about. Almond butter on the other hand......... man I could eat that stuff everyday. At $10 a jar though I wouldn't.

It's not bad, but it's nothing to write home about. Almond butter on the other hand......... man I could eat that stuff everyday. At $10 a jar though I wouldn't.

hmmm... so if flax oil in natty pb tastes good then we have a winner?!?!

i still gotta try that...

thanks for the info on the different nut butter flavors

flax has a strong taste to it

Thread Information