getbig888 is offline Senior Member

Muscles starting to look flat!

bros, i think i need to change something quick b/c i am starting to get a flat look from the sticky diet. everything has been great as far as fat loss, but what can i do to fill my muscle bellies w/o adding fat or stopping fat loss?

EatRite is offline Senior Member
    you need to eat more carbs... this is why i advocate carbohydrate consumption... muscles without carbs look flabby and flat... 120 g carbs a day wont do it...

jmo...

i would try to drop protein about 60 g and add 60 g of carbs from brown rice or wheat bread... see what happens...

or you could replace 20 g of fat with 50 g of carbs... either one... i would probably reco. the fat replacement insted of the protein replacement... just make sure you are getting your essential fats... (flax oil or almonds)

good idea, i am already getting between 150-180 grams carbs a day(of course 80 coming from dex) should i bump up to over 200 while cutting?

it depends on your body size, liftin intensity, cardio intensity, bodyfat, etc... there are a lot of factors... what are your stats and goals???

ps... long term weight loss is optimal for preventing muscle protein break down... if you are patient with weight loss, you will keep a lot of strenght and size...

5'11 205 around 6-7% bf

if you feel that you are lacking energy to finish your workouts, or you are losing a lot of strength bump up the carbs a little bit... about 20 g for two weeks and see how this treats you...

you should optimally try to lose 1 pound a week MAX while cutting... this will prevent muscle protein breakdown... the slower you lose weight the better it is for maintaining muscle protein...

it all depends on your goals... if you are trying to get lean quick, then i wouldnt add too much, if you are trying to keep your strenght and size and dont care how long it takes to lean... then add some carbs if you feel you need to...

if you look flat and flabby, maybe you are consuming too much sodium as well... count up your sodium consumption tommorow...

are you taking any test or any aas???

no juice

Thread Information