big daddy k de is offline Senior Member

Macrobolic Nutrition

Anyone used the Macrobolic diet 45/35/20 ? i have been on it for a few weeks. i would like to know pepoles experientses and see how they liked it ... the food is awesome!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Never heard of it.

~SC~

Ok swole this is the run down its supposed to burn fat gain muscle without doing cardio
    http://www.maxperformens.com/

45% Carbohydrates
    You need carbohydrates. In fact, a recent study on carbohydrates and athletic performance concluded that, “diets containing less than 42% carbohydrates do not meet the energy demands or provide adequate glycogen stores for bodybuilders and their intense workouts”.*

Because you deserve the best possible results from your training, Macrobolic Nutrition prescribes that 45% of your total calories come from carbs—but not just any types of carbs. Using the latest groundbreaking research in nutrition technology, The Macrobolic Nutrition program places great emphasis on the quality of carbohydrates using the Glycemic Index (GI). Under Macrobolic Nutrition guidelines, you’ll be avoiding high GI carbs such as sugar and refined white starches, and consuming more of low glycemic carbs like oatmeal, brown rice and yams.

35% Protein
    Protein is of utmost importance for supporting lean muscle tissue. The key to Macrobolic Nutrition is to eat enough protein to maintain a positive nitrogen balance and create an anabolic environment.

Just as important are the protein sources high in the “critical 5” amino acids: glutamine, arginine and branch chain amino acids – leucine, isoleucine and valine. With Macrobolic Nutrition, you’ll be eating quality, great-tasting protein sources loaded with the “critical 5”. Chicken, lean meat, eggs and low-fat dairy are all on the menu. Don’t like dairy? Don’t worry - you can customize your Macrobolic diet to your liking, eating only the protein sources you desire!

20% Fats
    Fats are critical to health and performance. They’re also necessary for stabilizing the digestive and hormonal environment. Yet, most people either cut fats out of their diet completely or eat entirely too much of them.

Macrobolic Nutrition prescribes that a moderate 20% of your calories should come from the fat contained within your protein sources and from additional sources supplying EFA’s such as olive oil, borage oil and flaxseed oil.

How Much Macrobolic Nutrition Do I Need?
    It’s easy to calculate your Macrobolic Nutrition calories and macronutrient ratios. Just CLICK HERE, plug a few numbers into the Macrobolic Nutrition Calculator, and you’ll have your ideal number of calories, carbs, proteins and fats within seconds!
    Calculator is on the mhp web page

EatRite is offline Senior Member
    it is an MHP product line... and their products are very good tasting by the way... they are great composition of macro nutrients as well as micronutrients...

THeir products are good... but it is more of a marketing scheme similar to EAS's bodyforlifebullsh*t though...

yhea i really like MhP stuff its all i use ... i know the pres of mhp big guy... yhea i see what u mean by a scheme ... im going to give it a shot

well... not a scheme... its just that their products are the only ones that fit the diets qualifications... so if you follow the diet, you hafta buy their products... the diet is a good diet, its just made for their products...

Quote Originally Posted by big daddy k de
    Ok swole this is the run down its supposed to burn fat gain muscle without doing cardio
    http://www.maxperformens.com/

45% Carbohydrates
    You need carbohydrates. In fact, a recent study......

It's okay, we can stop there.

Really though, if it works for you, that is wonderful as you've found what works for you. Me personally, I LIKE cardio. Not only for the look I KNOW it gives me (See, I've found what works for me), but for the most important muscle of them all, yes that's right the HEART. I concentrate on healthy fats, keeping a good lipid profile, a good resting pulse, great blood pressure, and a good cardio capacity.

I'm into fitness more than just for looks.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by EatRite
    well... not a scheme... its just that their products are the only ones that fit the diets qualifications... so if you follow the diet, you hafta buy their products... the diet is a good diet, its just made for their products...
    Another reason why I think it would suck.

I myself have very successful programs, they have even made magazines because of their succes. However, you don't "have" to use anything of mine.
    You can purchase your supps anywhere and use what you wish to use, to what is cost effective for you.

I think making such a think a qualification is bunk. I know it's corporate, but it's the same thing to me.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Another reason why I think it would suck.

I myself have very successful programs, they have even made magazines because of their succes. However, you don't "have" to use anything of mine.
    You can purchase your supps anywhere and use what you wish to use, to what is cost effective for you.

I think making such a think a qualification is bunk. I know it's corporate, but it's the same thing to me.

~SC~
    i agree 100%... making a diet that your products only fit for is a little off to me... id rather just get educated on what foods do what and then work from there... whole foods are better than supps anyways for cutting and bulking imo....

Thread Information