Deadend is offline Associate Member

Getting back to good

Ok I need some advice guys and gals

I have been injured for about a month and a half now and been confined to walking on crutches. During this time I have not been able to workout and I've been eating like a pig. I'm supposed to be back on my feet by the end of this month.

I have started a low fat diet and am watching sugars and sodium. I'm eating about 5-6 small meals/day, each with serving of protein and carbs. Here's my question:

When I get back into my regular routine of training and dieting hard, should I start a bulking diet and try to rebuild my strength and then trim the fat. OR should I immediately try to start cutting fat with a low-carb, low-calorie diet. Thanks in advance for all input.

Bump.

A_Nice is offline Associate Member
    The first thing I would do is get your bodyfat measured, and then go from there. Eating Clean is a good start

I gained somewhere around 15 lbs. I am on my third day of low fat, low cal, moderate protein/carb diet and have already shedded 3-4 pounds. Here's what I'm thinking:

While i'm still on crutches I'm gonna try a low carb diet, like Atkins, since I can't do much physical activity anyway i don't need the energy from the carbs. When I get off the crutches I'll do two weeks of a high cal, high protein, moderate carb, low fat diet. Then for the rest of the summer I will do a strict cutting diet with low cal, mod-low carbs, high prot, low fat.

Stats:
    20 years old
    6'2
    214 lbs
    BF%: not sure but it's very high right now

Let me know what you guys think. BTW How's the cycle coming along Diesel?

Thread Information