cjp85 is offline Member

Correct way to poach a chicken breast...

What is the correct way to poach a chicken breast? I'm desperate for some variety and anything new will help. I don't recall ever poaching anything, and I'm really not sure of the correct way to poach a chicken breast. Should it be on high, medium, or low heat? Should the breast be entirely covered in water? I've also seen people suggest wines or vinegars in recipes, are these a must?? Sorry, kinda new to this.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    poaching is a nice way to say boiling. Get the water to a boil and put the chicken in, covered with water, you can put seasonings in the water to add flavor, cook on meduim heat, the time will depend on the size of the breast, if you overcook it will be tough and dry so don't overcook.

web03 is offline Associate Member
    I always boil my chicken. No matter what I do/what i put in it, it never tastes good. Maybe theres a trick that I dont know about. I did find this awesome BBQ KFC seasoning (not very good if your trying to limit salt intake) and I cooked the chicken on my George and it tasted great!

web

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    boiled chicken always needs some seasoning, garlic and or onion powder, pepper, light salt or soy sauce, even a squeeze of fresh lemon.

Thread Information