ST240 is offline Junior Member

Talking First bulking diet, please comment!!

I made this diet to go with the HST training regime im starting shortly

Meal 1:
    5 eggs (2 yolk)
    2 pieces of toast (7 grain or flax bread) w/ 2 tbsp nat. p.b.
    Glass of milk
    Glass of OJ
    Banana or other fruit
    2 caps fish oil and a multi

Calories: 787 | protein: 40g | carbs: 105g

Meal 2:
    Sandwhich:
    1 can of tuna
    Mayo/mustard
    2 pieces of bread (7 grain or flax bread)
    Oatmeal bar
    Juice box

Calories: 680 | protein: 35g | carbs: 108g

Meal 3:
    Same as meal 2

Calories: 680 | protein: 35g | carbs: 108g

Meal 4:
    Home cooked meal which usually amounts to ~100g carbs and ~40g complete protein (I supplement with sandwich meat, etc if I have to) and ~15g fat
    Glass of choc milk.

Calories: ~800 | protein: ~49g | carbs: ~116g (wild, but educated guess )

Meal 5 (PWO):
    Mass gainer shake
    1000 cal
    52 g protein
    153 carb
    20g fat
    Creatine
    40g carb (transport system)

Calories: 1160 | protein: 52g | carbs: 173g

Meal 6:
    1.5 cup 2% cottage cheese
    1 (or a little under ) cups oatmeal (uncooked)
    Glass of milk
    random veggies and dip
    2 fish oil caps and multi

Calories: 753 | protein: 70g | carbs: 101g

Total:

Calories: 4860
    Protein: 281g
    Carbs: 711g

Wow that seems like a lot... Anyways these numbers arent exact, ive probably had a grand total of 30 hours of sleep this week so i prolly messed up somwhere ...

i left out the protein and/or carbs from things such as bananas, creatine, juice, mayo etc. The total calorie count is more accurate than the carb/protein count and the carb count seems too high.

I find it almost impossible to drink 1-2 gallons of water per day because then i have no room for my food haha. I usually end up drinking 3-4 litres.

Im not keeping much weight from this diet, ill go with it for 3-4 weeks, gain several poundage, cheat one day and be back to square one so i was thinking of throwing in another mass gainer shake.

My stats are: 19 years old, 156 pounds, 5'7", super fast metabolism. been training for 2 years pretty much. I did a stupid cycle of 350mg test, 200mg deca for 10 weeks w/ pct about a year ago, so hopefully i didnt do any permanent damage with that. I decided i was way too young and i wont juice until im much older. Im in my second year of engineering so its not like i can heat anything or whip meals up on campus readily lol.

PS. plz dont flame me, as im no body building expert and there isnt much science behind this diet except for bulk = calories. haha

thanks in advance for looking at this

-dre
    Last edited by ST240; 03-15-2005 at 11:05 PM.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Read the Bulking Sticky at the top of this forum.... http://forums.steroid.com/read-here-first/113010-unoffical-how-bulk-thread-sample-diet-post1139112.html

You have a number of problems.... mixing carbs and fats, you have fat in your PWO shake, way too much bread IMO, you want better sources of carbs such as rice, yams, etc... give that a read, and make adjustments accordingly... it's late, or I would critique further.... I'll check in tomorrow after work....

Also, I hope you're happy @ 5'7", because it looks like you'll be staying there now.... the use of AAS has more than likely fused your growth plates... good idea to now get your diet on track instead of using gear though, at least you learned something, even though it was the hard way ....

EatRite is offline Senior Member
    i disagree with a lot of members on this board when it comes to mixing fats and carbs... doing this is the only way i grow... everybody is different... personally the only way i grow is if i eat tons of carbs and tons of fat... i just have to eat a lot to grow... i eat healthy fats and lots of complex carbs... i eat complex carbs every meal in large quantities (even before bed)... my problem is that i walk 5 miles to class every day which sheds bodyfat off at a rapid pace, so the only way i can grow is to eat things that tend to increase bodyfat, such as gatorades and a few high sugar or higher fat foods a day... i dont eat like a fat kid, but i get 30-50 g protein for about 9 meals and about 2 of them i'll drink a caffine free soda or a gatorade with just to increase my bf since i'm so lean naturally... i also eat lots of cheese... it all depends on who you are, how your body is and how much you walk... walking sheds bodyfat a lot and i dont think people realize this...

how much do you walk a day at school a lot or a little??? if a lot, i would add some more fruits to your meals... drop the juices and add servings of fruits... insted of oj eat an orange, this is much better for you... also, drop the Two cans of tuna... dont eat more than one can of tuna a day... tuna has mercury which retards cellular growth... it is also a poison... dont eat too much of it... one can a day is the max u should eat... and for women about 1 or 2 cans a week if they are sexually active...

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Also, I hope you're happy @ 5'7"
    im already taller than most people in my family so i figured i was done growing...
    Last edited by ST240; 03-16-2005 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EatRite
    also, drop the Two cans of tuna... dont eat more than one can of tuna a day... tuna has mercury which retards cellular growth... it is also a poison... dont eat too much of it... one can a day is the max u should eat... and for women about 1 or 2 cans a week if they are sexually active...
    wow i didnt know this. also its hard to get other kinds of complex carbs in my diet because of school... really the only thing i can get is bread until i get home because how am i supposed to eat sweet potatoes, rice, etc on the run?

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    There is nothing wrong with having a couple cans of tuna a day..... don't take one person's opinion as gospel....

other than the "hotly debated" carbs and fats thing is it relatively ok? all i want to do is gain mass and muscle mass. im not concerned with any bodyfat what so ever

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    i disagree with a lot of members on this board when it comes to mixing fats and carbs... doing this is the only way i grow... everybody is different... personally the only way i grow is if i eat tons of carbs and tons of fat... i just have to eat a lot to grow... i eat healthy fats and lots of complex carbs... i eat complex carbs every meal in large quantities (even before bed)... my problem is that i walk 5 miles to class every day which sheds bodyfat off at a rapid pace, so the only way i can grow is to eat things that tend to increase bodyfat, such as gatorades and a few high sugar or higher fat foods a day... i dont eat like a fat kid, but i get 30-50 g protein for about 9 meals and about 2 of them i'll drink a caffine free soda or a gatorade with just to increase my bf since i'm so lean naturally... i also eat lots of cheese... it all depends on who you are, how your body is and how much you walk... walking sheds bodyfat a lot and i dont think people realize this...

how much do you walk a day at school a lot or a little??? if a lot, i would add some more fruits to your meals... drop the juices and add servings of fruits... insted of oj eat an orange, this is much better for you... also, drop the Two cans of tuna... dont eat more than one can of tuna a day... tuna has mercury which retards cellular growth... it is also a poison... dont eat too much of it... one can a day is the max u should eat... and for women about 1 or 2 cans a week if they are sexually active...

wat the hell

S R H is offline Associate Member
    "... dont eat more than one can of tuna a day..."

"...also eat lots of cheese... it all depends on who you are, how your body is and how much you walk..."

"..eat tons of carbs and tons of fat..."

"...eat things that tend to increase bodyfat, such as gatorades and a few high sugar or higher fat foods a day.."

4 steps to being swole...

I dont think swolecat could even give this kinda great info.

I feel a sticky coming!! rofl

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by slizzut
    wat the hell

LOL ditto

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I think it's time for me to BUMP BDTR's thread about advice again.

Wow, just................wow.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 03-17-2005 at 07:40 AM.

BDTR is offline Retired

guys

HammerCurler is offline Associate Member

what the....

LOL I hope you're wrong about the tuna or I will be living a short and small life eating 3 cans of tuna/day!

BDTR is offline Retired
    I just od'd on tuna.. had two cans. Goodbye fellas.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    you might want to read the bulking sticky and start of with the harris-elliot formula. The calorie/fat/carb count looks very lopsided to me.

here is mine and its been working great even off the juice...

Meal 1: Pro/Carb 5:30am
    8 Egg Whites, 1 Scoop Of Whey Protein, 1 cup oatmeal, Fresh fruit
    50g protein /60g Carbs / 6g fat / 8g Fiber

Meal 2: Pro/Fat 8:00am
    8 oz Chicken Breast, 1 Tbsp ½ fat mayo, Mixed Veggies
    50g Protein/5g Carbs/ 4g Fat

Meal 3: Pro/Carb 10:00am
    8oz Extra Lean Ground Beef, 2oz Whole wheat pasta, Tomato sauce
    53g Protein/41g Carbs / 15g Fat / 6g Fiber

Meal 4: Pro/Fat 11:30am
    Garden Salad w/ veggies, 4 egg whites, 1 cup cottage cheese
    50g Protein/ 8g Carbs/ 4g fat

Meal 5: Pro/Fat 2:00pm
    8oz Chicken Breast, 1 Tbsp ½ fat mayo, Celery
    50g Protein/0g Carbs/ 4g Fat

Pre-workout 4:30pm
    1 Scoop Whey Protein or ½ Isopure Drink, 20 grams Dextrose
    20-25g Protein/20g Carbs

Meal 6: PWO Nutrition (immediate after gym)
    2 Scoops Whey Protein / 80g of Dextrose
    50g protein / 80g Carbs / 0g fat /

Meal 7: PPWO 8:00 pm
    8oz Chicken Breast, ½ cup Brown rice or 2oz Whole Wheat Pasta
    50g protein / 33-40g Carbs / 1g fat / 2-5g Fiber

Meal 7: Pro/Fat 11:00pm
    2 Scoops Casein Protein, 1 Tbsp Flax oil
    52g Protein/0 Carbs/ 14g fat

Totals:
    Protein = 375g / Carbs= 250g / Fat 48g Fat / Fiber = 20g

All it is the sticky bulk diet tailored to my taste.

icewind is offline Associate Member
    You are eating too manny carbs if you ask me...

Even if you have a super fast metabolism...700 carbs per day is too much...

4800 calories per day is too much for a person that's 156 pounds....

that's my opinion...
    Last edited by icewind; 03-19-2005 at 01:38 AM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BDTR
    I just od'd on tuna.. had two cans. Goodbye fellas.

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!

~SC~

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member

WALKING SHEDS FAT!!???!?! NEWS FLASH ALL!!!

dcb

Quote Originally Posted by icewind
    You are eating too manny carbs if you ask me...

Even if you have a super fast metabolism...700 carbs per day is too much...

4800 calories per day is too much for a person that's 156 pounds....

that's my opinion...
    lol i know. Until i made this thread i didnt know exactly how much i was taking in and even i think its ridiculous... But i still barely gain body fat from that many cals Is gaining body fat a necessary process with bulking? or can i still grow with under maintenance amounts.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Yeah seriously can we get that thread about giving good advice back up

Thread Information