Thread: BULK diet

getbig888 is offline Senior Member

BULK diet

I was gonna get ready for a competition after SB but i am still debating, but if i dont i am going to bulk so yall take a peak and see what you think of this clean bulk diet.
    wokout day
    9:00 am 40 min cardio
    10:30 10 EGG whites/ 2 slices of turkey breast(10 g pro) and 1 cup oats

1:00 8 oz lean cube steak or salmon w 1/4 cup almonds

3:00 (debating on whether or not to do a pro/carb or pro/fat) if it was pro/fat it would be 1 1/2 can tuna w/ mayo and olive oil and if it was pro carb it would be chicken breast and sweet potatoes

4:30 workout
    5:30 pwo (50 grams isolate and 80 grams dex)
    6:30 chicken breast and 1/2 cup brown rice

9:30 1 can tuna/ 1tbs olive oil

11:40 1 scoop casein/1scoop whey with 2 large tbsp natty pb
    5'11 208 7%bf

also could someone give me the nutritional content of sweet potatoes b/c i can't find it on fitday

niXon)( is offline Member
    with that bodyfat and the fact you are bulking I'd make 3oclock meal pro\carb. diet looks good. I'd guess sweet potato has same or less carbs as reg potato.

bump

Arsejuice is offline New Member
    If you are trying to bulk, in my opinion, 40 minutes of cardio is a little much. How many times a week are you planning on doing cardio? I found out personally a few weeks ago that cardio and bulking dont do well together, at least for me. I was training to bulk and gain weight and no matter how much I ate, i continued to lose weight, even though my workouts were intense. For the past 2 weeks, I have changed nothing except that I have stopped running all together and I have gained 10 pounds and my body fat has stayed the same. I was doing cardio 3 times a week for 20 minutes...doesnt sound like a lot, I know. The people at my gym were telling me that I needed to cut my cardio and MAYBE do it once a week. I didnt want to listen to them. Well, I finally listened to them and I am starting to gain mass. Just my 2 cents.

Arsejuice is offline New Member
    One more thing. Youre body fat is only 7% so with cutting the cardio out you should still be good. You can always go back on it later if you notice your bf creeping up.

you said you were running? if you were running then yea i can see why you were not gaining much mass.

Thread Information