en1222 is offline Member

My lean mass diet... Feedback wanted...

Hello,
    I am around 190 5'11 about 14% BF... I want to gain a few pounds of lean mass while dropping BF... I want to make sure my diet is in check... Any feedback appreciated... Thanks

Cardio

Meal 1:
    8 egg whites, tomatoes, flax oil or fish oil

Meal 2:
    Veggies, Lean Protein, almonds

Meal 3:
    Protein shake, flax oil

Meal 4:
    Veggies, Lean Protein, Brown rice or Yams

afternoon snack if needed: almonds

Meal 5:
    Protein shake, flax oil

Workout

Meal 6:
    PWO
    2 1/2 scoops vitargo(about 80 carbs), Protein shake(40 grams protein)

Meal 7:
    PPWO
    Veggies, Lean Protein, 1/2 cup brown rice or yams.

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Go for gaining mass with this, not loosing fat while gaining muscle. When people talk about a 'lean mass' cycle, diet, whatever, they are refering to gaining muscle while gaining little if any fat.....not loosing fat simultaneously. The reasoning for that is because of the difficultly of doing both at the same time, and your goals will be more easily attained if you just focus on doing one thing at a time. If you try to do both, you won't really get anywhere unless you are using tons of drugs.....which you might be doing, I don't know.

On the other hand, feel free to reverse that and go for cutting, at 14% BF that is probably best come to think of it.......

It would be easier to critique if you posted the macronutrient breakdown you are aiming for.......I mean, we have no idea the portions of the food you will be eating so its hard to say if you are getting enough or too much of anything.

I would say that if possible you should work out earlier in the day, so that you can get your carbs in earlier......It seems like you have it totally backwards as far as eatin schedule, you eat all your fat and protein meals first in the day, and then the carb meals later in the day. That goes against the natural insulin sensitivity of the body so if possible you should reverse it......And if you do cardio in the morning, eat carbs after it, and a protein shake before you go, maybe even have carbs in that meal since its the first thing you are doing in the morning. I personally don't do cardio and weights on the same day very often so I can't comment on the best way to go about eating for both, it seems like if you want to gain muscle you wouldn't want to do both on the same day.....heck, I don't even do both on the same day while cutting up.
    Last edited by UrbanLegend; 03-19-2005 at 04:19 PM.

en1222 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
    Go for gaining mass with this, not loosing fat while gaining muscle. When people talk about a 'lean mass' cycle, diet, whatever, they are refering to gaining muscle while gaining little if any fat.....not loosing fat simultaneously. The reasoning for that is because of the difficultly of doing both at the same time, and your goals will be more easily attained if you just focus on doing one thing at a time. If you try to do both, you won't really get anywhere unless you are using tons of drugs.....which you might be doing, I don't know.

On the other hand, feel free to reverse that and go for cutting, at 14% BF that is probably best come to think of it.......

It would be easier to critique if you posted the macronutrient breakdown you are aiming for.......I mean, we have no idea the portions of the food you will be eating so its hard to say if you are getting enough or too much of anything.

I would say that if possible you should work out earlier in the day, so that you can get your carbs in earlier......It seems like you have it totally backwards as far as eatin schedule, you eat all your fat and protein meals first in the day, and then the carb meals later in the day. That goes against the natural insulin sensitivity of the body so if possible you should reverse it......And if you do cardio in the morning, eat carbs after it, and a protein shake before you go, maybe even have carbs in that meal since its the first thing you are doing in the morning. I personally don't do cardio and weights on the same day very often so I can't comment on the best way to go about eating for both, it seems like if you want to gain muscle you wouldn't want to do both on the same day.....heck, I don't even do both on the same day while cutting up.

I am going clean this time...no drugs... I want to have kids soon....
    Yes I do want to to get cut up but no lose much weight...
    I wish i could work out earlier but i cannot due to work....
    How would you rework this diet?

en1222 is offline Member
    Here it is more broken down:

Meal 1:

Meal 2:
    1/2 cup veggies, 2 chicken breast, almonds

Meal 3:
    Protein shake (40grams), flax oil

Meal 4:
    Veggies, piece of chicken or lean steak, 1/2 cup Brown rice or Yams

Meal 5:
    Protein shake (40 grams), flax oil

Workout

Meal 6:
    PWO

Meal 7:
    PPWO
    1/2 cup veggies, 2 chicken breast or turkey, 1/2 cup brown rice or yams.

smegs is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by en1222
    Here it is more broken down:

Meal 1:

Meal 2:
    1/2 cup veggies, 2 chicken breast, almonds

Meal 3:
    Protein shake (40grams), flax oil

Meal 4:
    Veggies, piece of chicken or lean steak, 1/2 cup Brown rice or Yams

Meal 5:
    Protein shake (40 grams), flax oil

Workout

Meal 6:
    PWO

Meal 7:
    PPWO
    1/2 cup veggies, 2 chicken breast or turkey, 1/2 cup brown rice or yams.
    what is vitargo? is that dextrose or maladextrose?
    if not - replace it with either

en1222 is offline Member
    "Vitargo is as potent in stimulating insulin as dextrose, yet it is completely sugar-free. Vitargo®restores muscle energy (glycogen) 70% faster than dextrose."

en1222 is offline Member
    anyone else give me some feedback?

Thread Information