Thread: i want abs

poolhustler69 is offline New Member

Question i want abs

what is the fastest way i can build abs?

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    VERY clean diet and cardio. Ya got to loose the fat before they show through...

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    muscletech products!!!! j.k.!

smegs is offline Member
    The Abtronic

smegs is offline Member
    just KIDDING

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    cutting gels and cell tech

dcb

houseofpain is offline Banned
    the abs are more than likely there, the diet is what makes them come out
    ~HOP

Arsejuice is offline New Member
    It seem that the answers you all posted were probably not very helpful to his question. Perhaps you could list some specific exercises that are better than others. I will throw my two cents in since I am replying. I do not have an awesome six pack, but it is there and I can see it. I will tell you what I do. First thing is first, you have to lose the fat around the midsection area in order for them to show. Everyone has abdominal muscles anatomically speaking. You have to build them up through exercise obviously.
    I usually do my abs twice a week. The first time I will do some weighted exercises and the second time I will do no weights and work more on toning. For weighted abs, I will do sit ups on the decline bench while holding a 10 pound weight over my head or against my chest. Sometimes I use an 8 pound medicine ball instead of the plate. If you go real slow and really concentrate on using your ab muscles you should get a good burn. When I go down, I dont go all the way down....just enough to feel a stretch in my abs...then I contract them and sit back up....when you are sitting up contract your abs hard and exhale as you are going up. This will allow a more forceful contraction. I do about 3 sets of 10 to 15 of those. Then, using the decline board, I put my head where my legs were (turn around) and I do leg lifts with the 8 pound medicine ball. It is very intense and requires a good bit of strength. Keep the ball as close to your feet as you can get and raise your legs just barely over your head then back down. Dont allow your feet to hit the ground. Keep pressure on the abs at all times. I do 3 sets of 8 of these. There are also ab machines in my gym that I do....you select the weight and basically do an abdominal pushdown (its like a sit up while sitting in a chair). On my toning days, I do crunches, sit ups, and non weighted leg lifts. When you are doing your sit ups, remember to go slow and concentrate on the burn in your abs. its not the quantity but the quality, as with anything. Go slow and exhale as you sit up...try and blow all of your air out as you are sitting up. When you reach the top of the sit up, you should be out of air. I see a lot of people pounding away on sit ups and crunches going about 100 a minute...usually they are using their momentum to sit themselves up and are wasting a lot of their ability to grow. The trick is to go slow and be very controlled. Feel the burn. They will come. Combine these simple exercises with a low fat diet and effective cardio and that six pack will come. Its also said that abs dont start to really show until you get under 10% BF. As soon as I got around 9.5 mine started to show. I am at 7.7% BF currently. If you arent at 10% BF yet, use that as your first goal.

Arsejuice

Thread Information