ct_brad is offline New Member

cardio and w/o in the morning

when i wake up I do an hour cardio on an empty stomach, then straight to the gym for my work out. I leave for work around noon and not home until after 10 pm, so I have to do both reletively close to each other. Should I be eating anything or taking a protein shake in-between my cardio and workout, or should i just wait until ofter for my first meal.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Doing cardio and weights together is a very bad idea. Doing cardio BEFORE weights is even worse of an idea, and you aren't eating at all until after your weights which is a very long time after cardio and weights, not to mention you have slept all night as well.

I'd split up my cardio and workout much further apart.

Just my suggestion.

~SC~

I have been doing this because I have heard that cardio is best on an empty stomach. The only other thing I could do is a meal when i wake up, then to the gym, and cardio about 1 hour after my workout. Do you think this would benefit me more. I am trying to lose weight also, not bulk up.

Nope, after working out you want to eat your pwo meals, not be doing aerobic activity.

Cardio a.m., weights later that day.

~SC~

ok, so the best I could do with my schedule is cardio in the am, and wait as long as possible before my workout, which would only be about 2 hours. But better then nothin I guess.

Eat at least one meal after your cardio before the workout, that's for sure!

~SC~

Cygnus is offline New Member

Cardio

I read that its best to cardio in the a.m on an empty stomach because you have no food in your gut, so the exercise will burn fat instead. It said that was the ONLY reason you would lose any kind of weight. It also said, if you are doing it as a way to lose weight, you should change your diet instead, because the weight loss from cardio isnt really significant. Good for the heart, but it said your diet is where you gain or lose weight. Just what I read bro. Good luck.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus
    I read that its best to cardio in the a.m on an empty stomach because you have no food in your gut, so the exercise will burn fat instead.
    Close. It's good because your blood sugar is at it's lowest level. Your body burns sugar (carbs) first for energy and then once that is depleted, it will burn bodyfat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus
    It also said, if you are doing it as a way to lose weight, you should change your diet instead, because the weight loss from cardio isnt really significant. Good for the heart, but it said your diet is where you gain or lose weight. Just what I read bro. Good luck.
    Diet is key, absolutely. But why do either/or? Why not use a correct diet in addition to cardio so that you can get the benefits of both?

Thread Information