getbig888 is offline Senior Member

Sorbitol? ok while cutting???

the reason i ask is i just got some vermont sugar free syrup and it says that it has 4 grams of carbs with 3 g sorbitol acounting for most of the carbs. Just wondering if sorbitol impacts insulin levels or if it is not ok to consume while cutting.

syrup ingredients: water, sorbitol, natural and artificial maple flavor, cellulose gum, sucralose, salt, citric acid, potassium Sorbate and sodium Benzoate to preserve freshness, zinc lactate, niacinamide, d-calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine mononitrate, cyanocobalamin.

bump let me know so i can eat it ppwo w/ my sweet potatoes

ok i just read that sorbitol is a sugar alcohol. 3 grams in 1/4 cup. is this bad in last week of diet for ppwo and for oats in the morn. i don't know why this stuff says it is a "free food" when it comes to carbs?

oh ok thanx bros, ha j/k

Hey man, i use sugar free maple syrup that has 3 grams of sorbitol in 1/4 cup and was wondering the same thing!!!! I can't wait to find out if this is gonna be bad for you ppwo on sweet potatoes and if it is bad for you in oats in the morn. especially since i am on the last week of my diet!!

Quote Originally Posted by getbig888
    Hey man, i use sugar free maple syrup that has 3 grams of sorbitol in 1/4 cup and was wondering the same thing!!!! I can't wait to find out if this is gonna be bad for you ppwo on sweet potatoes and if it is bad for you in oats in the morn. especially since i am on the last week of my diet!!

Hey man thats wierd, but i did a search and found out that excess amounts of sugar alcohols are not ideal but i still don't know whether to use this or not!!! maybe we could get someone to clear it up for us since we will only be getting like 2-3grams sugar alcohol!!

Quote Originally Posted by getbig888
    Hey man thats wierd, but i did a search and found out that excess amounts of sugar alcohols are not ideal but i still don't know whether to use this or not!!! maybe we could get someone to clear it up for us since we will only be getting like 2-3grams sugar alcohol!!
    word, i would have the UPMOST RESPECT and show the GREATEST AMOUNT of gratitude to anyone who could clear this up for us!

hey getbig888 and getbig888, i have the same question it seems to be a toughy

wierd, but on a serious note is 3 grams of sorbitol going to affect my cutting diet?

ScooterBoy is offline Junior Member
    oh booh hooo nobody will respond to my thread

IntensityX is offline BDTRs SHEMALE
    Well I guess you just answered your own question so glad we can be of help

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! someone responded ( i didnt get any answer but i will be able to get a good night sleep anyway) thanx so much and anyone else that wants to chime in on this highly debated topic just feel free

hey big check out a brand called waldenfarms thats whats at my local grocery store. I found their product in the low carb section. they have tons of no cal stuff.

thanx man i will check that out, the best i could find at winn dixie was that stuff with 3g sorbitol but i am gonna try wal mart and see what they got!

thnx bro

Thread Information