Thread: cheat days ?

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member

cheat days ?

how much is too much on a cheat day??? should a cheat day be all day or stop at a certain time before bed? how chould you run a cheat day?

This is my opinion on the matter. I say cheat meals, not cheat day. Why? For me, it's much easier to stick to. I eat IHOP every Sun morning, then on Wed or Thurs(try to make it until Thurs, but sometimes give in on Wed.) I'll have like 4 or 5 slices of pizza, maybe some garlic bread or something. I also still train on my cheat meal days. I think too many people get this idea in their heads that you need to chill on the couch and eat an entire pizza and some chips and watch TV all day. I say train that day and burn that **** off. It's the taste you are craving ,not the consumption usually. You can get full off eating anything ya know. The second reason I cheat like this, is I know that I only have a few more days to go until I can eat something good again. When its all on one day I feel as if the next cheat day will never arrive, and I also think that it takes your body a couple days to get back into the burning mode it was in before you stuffed yourself an entire day with crap. However I cheat within reason usually. No fast food, sweets or chips. Just whole filling food that doesnt make me feel sick or have acid reflux. And I always cheat in the morning or early afternoon, never in the evening or before bed.

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    This is my opinion on the matter. I say cheat meals, not cheat day. Why? For me, it's much easier to stick to. I eat IHOP every Sun morning, then on Wed or Thurs(try to make it until Thurs, but sometimes give in on Wed.) I'll have like 4 or 5 slices of pizza, maybe some garlic bread or something. I also still train on my cheat meal days. I think too many people get this idea in their heads that you need to chill on the couch and eat an entire pizza and some chips and watch TV all day. I say train that day and burn that **** off. It's the taste you are craving ,not the consumption usually. You can get full off eating anything ya know. The second reason I cheat like this, is I know that I only have a few more days to go until I can eat something good again. When its all on one day I feel as if the next cheat day will never arrive, and I also think that it takes your body a couple days to get back into the burning mode it was in before you stuffed yourself an entire day with crap. However I cheat within reason usually. No fast food, sweets or chips. Just whole filling food that doesnt make me feel sick or have acid reflux. And I always cheat in the morning or early afternoon, never in the evening or before bed.
    that's a good idea, i like the 2 cheat meals per week!

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    you will never get that lean with this approach. Its all on what your going for and genetics. If you can get away with it thats great, but most people can't. I can eat whatever I want and stay 10%, but to be lower than that forget about it. Lower than 6 no cheating.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.shred
    you will never get that lean with this approach. Its all on what your going for and genetics. If you can get away with it thats great, but most people can't. I can eat whatever I want and stay 10%, but to be lower than that forget about it. Lower than 6 no cheating.
    As you age, it gets even tougher.

Dr. Shred: Is that you in the avitar? (My avitar is not REALLY me).

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beenie
    As you age, it gets even tougher.

Dr. Shred: Is that you in the avitar? (My avitar is not REALLY me).
    yes that is me.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.shred

ok what about staying lower than 6% with having one cheat meal per week? is cheating not a must anyways???

Angel of death is offline Senior Member
    Bro, you can have a cheat meal at 6%, it doesn't depend on your bf% as much as it does your metabolism...

Thread Information