Thread: Dextrose

Beefkake31 is offline Member

Dextrose

I just got 20 bags of Dextrose. Anyway, my question is how do you guys take it in. I'm thinking of mixing it with the isopure but it might be too much. So how do you guys take your dex.

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Take it only with your post workout shake....add it in with your protein at a 2:1 ratio (80 g's of dex:40 g's of protein)

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i take 48gDex Immediatly after working out w/ 10g whey isolate and 3g free aminos then 10 min later i take in another 48gDex w/ 50g Pro. i read that waiting 10-20 min after consumption of moderate amount of dex w/ proper amino intake can increase protein synthesis up to 400%

Ya that is what I am going to do 40/80. But my thing was that I take isopure in the liquid form so I don't know if I can mix half a cup of Dex into it. What are other ways that are easy to consume this?

mitch428cj is offline Member
    i do the same thing mix mine with whey protein 80/46 , in a shaker , shake it and drink it taste pretty good too

So I guess I'm going to have to go with a protein shake instead of a protein drink. Is there no other way?

protein is protein and dex is dex just mix and chug or drink dex first fallowed by ur protein

ahh you're right, I'm just gonna mix it with a little water and gulp it down.

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    I had been taking dextrose & protein at a 2:1 ratio for awhile and continued doing so while cutting. However, I started wondering how much of an effect it was having on my goal of reducing fat. I decided to half the amount of dextrose so it was a simple 1:1 ratio, and then I eat another 40 grams of more complex carbs in 60-90 minutes. I think the 2:1 ratio is completely arbitrary and may be too much for some people. I've always heard that it is unlikely for someone to put on fat when taking in too many carbs pwo, but I have to question that now.

Quote Originally Posted by carbs-rule
    I had been taking dextrose & protein at a 2:1 ratio for awhile and continued doing so while cutting. However, I started wondering how much of an effect it was having on my goal of reducing fat. I decided to half the amount of dextrose so it was a simple 1:1 ratio, and then I eat another 40 grams of more complex carbs in 60-90 minutes. I think the 2:1 ratio is completely arbitrary and may be too much for some people. I've always heard that it is unlikely for someone to put on fat when taking in too many carbs pwo, but I have to question that now.
    only reason the dex would be too much is if their protein intake was too much ... but you need that doubled intake of dextrose to cause a spike largenuff to greatly increase ur protein synthesis so that you can utilize the maximum amount of why isolate in shortest amount of time.

Thread Information